Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default The Super Salmon - Alaskan video

Well worth watching this one....

Merry wotnot to all on the Forum

Tawsalmon
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions." - John Ashley Cooper

marvellous film
    well done Ryan peterson

Definately super.
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

Default This Is Where I Live;

What you are watching is where I live. I am a small part of the opposition to this mega dam. Some of the rivers I run every year averaging 3000 miles each season are crazy water. I run those rivers and visit that town often.

Oh, and anyone who believes they can build a dam like that for 5 billion dollars is probably wrong. Look at it this way, Boeing wants over 4 Billion to build a new Air Force One aircraft. That dam will break Alaska for all of time, then they will need to sell the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to Exxon Mobil in order to make their budget. It's going to be either oil or dams but some of us believe they who will reap the monies want both.

Ard
    Last edited by Hardyreels; 24-12-2016 at 12:55 AM.

[QUOTE=

Boeing wants over 4 Billion to build a new Air Force One aircraft. [/QUOTE]

Will that be enough to transport Trump`s ego
    You won`t catch anything if you don`t keep your bugs in the water!

Great film and thanks for sharing.
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tawsalmon View Post
    Well worth watching this one....

Merry wotnot to all on the Forum

Tawsalmon
    Brilliant... enjoyed that.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent or reoccurring opposition from mediocre minds, if A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play, and Z is keeping your mouth shut.

ST
    Posh Tosh, Executioner, Stoat Blue Variant, Park Shrimp.........

42 Seatrooters lost 3 Big uns....oooft!!

super vid .thanks

Here's what I can give as an update on the Mega Dam.

Due to economic woes the state has walked back the support for this folly. That's not to say that it's dead but much like the Pebble Mine things are on hold at this time.

Alaska had a time of high cotton while oil prices steadily climbed toward 150.00/barrel back in the period 2007 - 2010 with literally Billions of surplus dollars flowing into the treasury. Somehow, and that word cannot be stressed enough, somehow the Conservative Legislature here found not only a way to spend it but created a rather large budget gap leaving the state almost 5 billion in the red ink............ Simply amazing when one considers that there are no new cities, no new highways etc. Of course there have been road malignance projects and bridges repaired or replaced but these things happen everywhere in the developed world unless I'm mistaken. At the time that the shortfall was "Discovered" the Legislature had passed a nearly 14 Billion Dollar budget, all that to run a state with less that 750,000 residents and limited infrastructure, amazing indeed.

So while the state government ponders over levying a new state income tax on those residents the big ticket projects are on hold.

If there are new rumblings over construction of Susitna Dam I'll try to remember an update here, for now the river sleeps under the ice.

Very interesting - thanks