Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vision icon zip

Default Vision icon zip

Anyone had any issues with the above? Maybe have already been covered. Iíve had mine for 1 season and Iíve almost used a tube of storm sure already. Now the seams between my legs are leaking. I like the idea and the zip is handy but the waders (certainly my ones) are rubbish.

Take them back to the original retailer and complain. Otherwise Contact Guide Fly Fishing, the UK distributors and talk to them. Youíre perhaps the first person on the Forum to have such a bad problem with Ikons.

Went through 2 pairs of ikons in the space of a month last year, both leaked at the seams nearly straight out of the box. Wouldnít go near a pair again.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Went through 2 pairs of ikons in the space of a month last year, both leaked at the seams nearly straight out of the box. Wouldnít go near a pair again.
    I bought mine cheap off Diver Dave. They have had 2 seasons of quite a lot of use but need to go back to Diver Dave for a bit of reproofing in the crotch area.
    Overall, like MCXFisher I am well pleased with them.
    Last edited by Chicharito; 17-11-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mine have just finished their 3rd year of beach and river use. I did have send them to Diver Dave for a crotch seal early summer though. Otherwise they are excellent and I have no concerns about getting a other pair when they finally die.

To call them cr8p is really offensive to cr8p things because frankly they aren't good enough to be called cr8p. My last pair did very well for me. I got a whole 6 weeks wear out of them. Guide Fly Fishing as warranty repairs send them to Dave Gordon aka Diver Dave aka the Aquashure Emperor. No thank you. I told Guide Fly Fidhing that they could keep them and I bought another pair of Simms G4Z. I will never buy another pair of Vision waders. They make excellent rods and their reels have advanced a million years this season. I just got myself 2 Merisoula's and only for the fact that my postman lost them I am absolutely delighted.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

A mate of mine had 3 pairs of icons in space of 4 months all leaking from the crotch area, they probably wouldn't have leaked if he got them dipped in aquasure from diver dave he eventually settled on a pair of guidelines and nae wet baws so far and they're still breathable
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 17-11-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    A mate of mine had 3 pairs of icons in space of 4 months all leaking from the crotch area, they probably wouldn't have leaked if he got them dipped in aquasure from diver dave he eventually settled on a pair of guidelines and nae wet baws so far and they're still breathable

The one part of your reply that really stood out to me is 'nae wet baws' I want to thank you for it. After I finished wiping the Sunday dinner off my screen after spitting it all out to avoid choking as I was laughing so much I was able to type a reply
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

I have a pair that I had 2 good years out of mine, but I wouldn't say that I used them a lot because of the terrain I fish in. On the 3rd season I used them, on the first outing they leaked through the seams badly. I still haven't got round to sending them for repair yet.

I got similar from Dave a few years back, theyíre still going with no leaks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast