Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vision icon zip

I can't see the Ikons on the Vision site or catalogue for 2020. Looks like they might have been replaced with the "Koski"?

Devonshire

Yes, thereís a new model for 2020. There are probably quite a lot of Ikons left in the retail supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    Yes, thereís a new model for 2020. There are probably quite a lot of Ikons left in the retail supply chain.
    That's what I thought ! Might be a few bargains about !
    I have just packaged mine up for Diver Dave to service them.

Have a pair of the zipped Koski waders from diver dave, material layers have been changed to 4 over the whole body of the wader, have yet to try them using my neoprenes just now

Hats off to Guide for replacing my Ikons. Just a quick chat over the phone and they have sent a pair of KOSKI out as a replacement happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guide's customer service is absolutely fantastic. It helps having an office staffed with fanatical (and expert) anglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    That's what I thought ! Might be a few bargains about !
    I have just packaged mine up for Diver Dave to service them.
    Diver Dave is trying to sort out mine , there is a problem with the zip and they may need a new one.
    Hopefully will know better in a day or 2.

Iím gutted Iíve used ikons for about 8 years I bought my first pair brand new from diver dave I had a problem which when rectified got 4 seasons out of them the 2nd pair I seam sealed myself when the guarantee ran out and am still using them but theyíve seen better days having read this Iím wary about buying another pair which was what I was intending to do 🙈🙈🙈

I've had both positive experiences with Ikons.

My first pair bout about 7 seasons ago finally died a death at the end of last season. No biggie there. I used then for 6 season with one trip to DD.

In between I got one season out of a zipped pair. Bought at the start of 2018 and leaked horribly on my first outing last season. It wasn't down to the seams though, the 5(?) layer material on the lower part had just delaminated totally any where there might be a slight crease. They're hanging up in the basement still.

Haven't had a chance to go over and see Dave yet to see what he has in. It's ll down to size for me as I have stupidly long legs and many brands don't cater for that. If he doesn't have anything then there's quite a few bargains to be had in non zipped Ikons so will probably go down that route again.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments about Ikon Zip waders. Mine are about to start their 6th season on boat and bank without the slightest leak. I think it helps, despite what the experts say, that mine are standard length where they should really be short length. I have a spare pair sitting in the cupboard for the last 5 seasons and maybe I'll need to use them this year

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast