Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default vision GT4 catapult 11.6 /7#

a mate of mine has bought a vision GT4 11.6" 7# is this rod rated for salmon line or is it rated for trout line ? can anyone tell me what line he should be using on it. he has a salmon7/8 outbound on it but looks to me like its not coping to turn over 10 foot poly tips with size 10 fly . any help would be great. thank you
    Last edited by bullfinch; 18-03-2012 at 03:25 PM.

A friend has one teamed up with a RIO afs 6/7 and it works superbly, or try a 7# switch line on it

Hope this helps

Chris

Hi bullfinch, switch rods can either be rated as single handers or double handers depending on manufacturer. Not sure about Vision? Sage rate theirs as spey rods guideline as single handers. If I was you i would go onto the Rio website and look up their guide for the different manufacturers to see what they recommend

hi bullfinch i use the snoebee switch lines , they work well with both my z axis and bloke rods if you can get up to ellon at any time i can let you try them on the ythan at the town centre , or you could phone willie banks at tilbouries i think he still demo,s for vision
    patrick

Hi i have used ace switch 26g and ace skagit 29g on this rod. Works really good
    highly recommed