Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Vision GT Four (not catapult)

Guys
    I am looking for recommendations for a sink shooting head line for this rod, it will be a s2/3 I am looking for.
    I currently use Rio Afs Hover and Floating lines, they are fine, is the Afs s2/3 a good line or anything else to consider for this rod?
    BTW the rod is a 14'ter and is a mid flex and has a med fast action.
    Thanks for any suggestions
    Bobby
    Last edited by bros; 01-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Default GT FOUR 14' 9/10 (Not catapult)

Just bought this used rod. Its my first Double hand rod... the seller left some sort of skagit head on the reel, but its no good during Autumn season in my home rivers. So I am looking to buy a Scandi heads. I need one floating head and second floating with intermedia tip. The rod says it needs 34 grams. But as I understood from many topics in the forum it is not always true. Maybe some of you have this rod and can give me some aidvice what weight works best? The rod is kind of old so if no one use the same rod maybe there are some trends with VISION rods and it needs more heawy or lighter heads than the rod says? I know it is a lot of questions but I am new to this... Also when using scandi heads al type heads should be the same for the rod or no? For example does floating heads and floating/intermedia heads wheight should be the same or diferent? I am asking because have spoken to some guys and they said intermedia and sinking heads is harder to cast and they load the rod a bit more than floating heads so maybe they should be a bit lighter? Hope you understand my poor english and will be able to help me.

Arvydas.
    Last edited by Arvydas; 04-08-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvydas View Post
    Just bought this used rod. Its my first Double hand rod... the seller left some sort of skagit head on the reel, but its no good during Autumn season in my home rivers. So I am looking to buy a Scandi heads. I need one floating head and second floating with intermedia tip. The rod says it needs 34 grams. But as I understood from many topics in the forum it is not always true. Maybe some of you have this rod and can give me some aidvice what weight works best? The rod is kind of old so if no one use the same rod maybe there are some trends with VISION rods and it needs more heawy or lighter heads than the rod says? I know it is a lot of questions but I am new to this... Also when using scandi heads al type heads should be the same for the rod or no? For example does floating heads and floating/intermedia heads wheight should be the same or diferent? I am asking because have spoken to some guys and they said intermedia and sinking heads is harder to cast and they load the rod a bit more than floating heads so maybe they should be a bit lighter? Hope you understand my poor english and will be able to help me.

Arvydas.
    Go for the Rio svt #9 ,no need to purchase 2 line that way as its a multi tip line
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Maybe it's a good option but I am on the budget realy hard and I am planing to hunt for some used heads so I need just some advice on the weight of scandi head. Probably I am going to buy one in 34grams and second a bit heawier.