Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Vision Cult

Default Vision Cult

Has anybody tried either the Vision Cult 14ft7 9# or the 13ft8 also for a 9. I note from the Vision blurb that the longer rod can cast slightly heavier heads than the 13ft 8". Would really like to know how these rods compare with each other as I am looking to buy a 14ft rod this season, and these two are rods that I will consider. I have been hearing mainly positive feed back on this series of rods. Can you help?

Thanks
    Conehead

Wink

Dont be sucked by the Vision Cult, they are a higher priced rod than the Vision catapult. i would put the catapult up against any shooting head rod on the market! I have asked guys close to Vision for a solid review only to be told that the rods were'nt selling in any great numbers!
    My advice to you would be to stick to the already proven Catapult.

Hope this helps
    Mike

Ive said this before, the Vision Cult is one of the very nicest salmon rods I have used for a long time. They are perfect for use with shooting heads and I personally would choose one over a Catapult every time.

The action is quite different from the fast tippy rods that seem to dominate the market these days, it bends right down into the handle but recovers nice a quick. This type of action is very forgiving of timing errors but less tolerant of being thrashed to death by bad casters.

Its true that they haven't sold so well in the UK but that's not the rods fault.

Wink Cult

I totally agree that each rod has its own capabilities and each caster has his own preference of rod. But why is it that the Guide demonstrators in my experience only use the Catapult and the Cult goes without mention during spey casting demos. The guide demonstrators have access to all the rods but swear by the Catapult?
    Last edited by Miker; 07-01-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I totally agree that each rod has its own capabilities and each caster has his own preference of rod. But why is it that the Guide demonstrators in my experience only use the Catapult and the Cult goes without mention during spey casting demos. The guide demonstrators have access to all the rods but swear by the Catapult?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I totally agree that each rod has its own capabilities and each caster has his own preference of rod.
    I think you have answered your own question there Miker

oops so i have