Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River Coquet

Default River Coquet

Morning folks, anyone fish the Coquet in Northumberland?? What’s it like? If so any recommendations for early season /spring beats?? Cheers

Alot of the early fishing would be on the northumbrian anglers federation waters. Either the tidal beat or black bridge area. You also get fishing on the main tyne and river till included too.
    There are a couple of other clubs with water on the coquet but higher up the river and would be more for summer or late season.
    Also just to note a fed permit would require you to live in northumberland, tyne and wear or county durham to get a season ticket.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrrr; 05-02-2020 at 10:12 AM.

As Rrrr says, the Fed is a good starting point. Not exclusive but reasonably priced if you’re local and gives access to quite a lot of water
    Northumberland Anglers Federation

There are other clubs with water but the Fed water at the bottom of the river gives a better chance of an early fish than most, although it has to be said that there aren’t many of them these days. In common with many rivers, the best chances come with summer spates.

First coquet fish caught today 11am. Cracking fish too.

Lucky to land it with net in closed position though!
    I have struggled to open my Macleans net in the past, mind you I was fishing on my own at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Lucky to land it with net in closed position though!
    I have struggled to open my Macleans net in the past, mind you I was fishing on my own at the time.
    Haha, thats my net, im not in the pic though as i chickend out of being ghillie incase i bumped it off. Closed it to weigh the fish as a weights needed for the club records as there is a prize and trophy etc.

Fly or spinning,looks coloured the river.

Nice fish 👍

Sewinfly. ............

Quote Originally Posted by sewinfly View Post
    Fly or spinning,looks coloured the river.

Nice fish River Coquet

Sewinfly. ............
    It was on a big yellow toby with a fire tiger sort of pattern on the other side. The water was really too high and coloured for the fly. He was just fishing the toby around slowly and felt a light take, think everyone was as suprised as him as the conditions werent ideal. Im fairly sure something hit my rapala late in the day too but cant be sure. Fished the fly with a fast sink tip and big copper tube but wasnt really expecting any luck due to the colour.

Nice fish, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    He was just fishing the toby around slowly and felt a light take, think everyone was as suprised as him as the conditions werent ideal.

Hahaha.
    He looks shocked never mind surprised.
    Water properly manky too, well done to him.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast