Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  50
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Tuna

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Try it, itl change your life (well in sandwich terms anyway) Tuna

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Never worked out the obsession with mayo ? Every butty has the stuff on it nowadays Tuna straight out the tin wi loads of pepper on for me Tuna

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North west London
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Just checked out LA today. 2018 I think.
    Fish Species - Los Angeles Sportfishing. LA California Fishing and Charter Boat
    I was fishing October, November, December.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Try it, itl change your life (well in sandwich terms anyway) Tuna

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    You forgot the gherkins!!!
    An interesting thought, these smaller tuna species get caught occasionally from our southern shores, are they perhaps far more common than just odd strays, just not fished for??????
    peter

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I feel a note directing Dr Wade's agent to put him onto ' Oceanic Torpedoes ' now that ' River Monsters' has met its final box set. It would be excellent for tackle sales and domestic angling/conservation

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meyre View Post
    I feel a note directing Dr Wade's agent to put him onto ' Oceanic Torpedoes ' now that ' River Monsters' has met its final box set. It would be excellent for tackle sales and domestic angling/conservation
    You rekon he can pull it off without catching a catfish instead of a tuna ?Tuna

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  6. #46

    Default

    Aye, salmon arenít the only worthy target in uk waters

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Dead one photographed by a work mate on Garry Beach , Tolsta , Lewis earlier this year.

    Attachment 40964
    Attachment 40965
    Attachment 40966
    I was talking to guys fishing the Braighe just east of Stornoway today. One of them mentioned that a tuna had been washed up there last week, but was gone on the next tide. He also said the tuna pictured above was still flapping about when it was first found, and that from length/girth measurements taken it would have been approx. 850lbs!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    HUDDERSFIELD
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roag Fisher View Post
    I was talking to guys fishing the Braighe just east of Stornoway today. One of them mentioned that a tuna had been washed up there last week, but was gone on the next tide. He also said the tuna pictured above was still flapping about when it was first found, and that from length/girth measurements taken it would have been approx. 850lbs!
    Do you think Robbie B might be doing Tuna fishing trips next year? Might need a stronger rod 😉🎣
    Last edited by Chicharito; 14-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterheed
    Posts
    529

    Default

    The kids seen this tuna washed up on the beach at St Fergus when walking the dog at the weekend, must be some weight in that, never realised got them this far up the east coast

    2c19922f-87b9-4824-9a45-e003de699bdd-jpeg

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Hmmm worth more than ambergris.... it may be 200lbs and so £2360 at port in USA or $ 260,000 in Nihon.
    I would be very worried if Elspeth Macdonald of the Scottish Fishermen's Fed. told Mrs Sturgeon about this . Wee Nicola would be claiming all Thunnus Thynnus for Caledonia as replacement for her rents from the discredited, costly louse-ridden farms of the Western Isles Ö.. how long until she declares them a Scottish National Asset??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •