Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: New Season

Default New Season

Anyone else make it out today ?

Got to the river at 4 pm, not ideal timing but at least the rain had stopped.

Big water but amazingly clear.

In the couple of hours fished, managed three trout of 10 to 12 inches and missed a few.

Nice to get out on the river, hopefully will be a bit warmer when I next get out !

imag0325-1-jpgimag0322-1-jpgimag0327-1-jpg

I was out for Salmon on the river Don the other day and managed to pick up this fellah.
    Measuring 22" long he still gave a good account of himself,even on Salmon gear.
    I'm hoping that he hangs around until the evening rises start when maybe i can catch him again on the dry flee

img_1352-jpg

Donury

Default troot

they are beauty's

Managed to get out last week for my first evening foray this season on the Don.
    Still a bit early for the evening rise but there were still a few individuals feeding.Picked up three decent trout,the best around the 3lb mark,taken at dusk.

img_1354-jpg

Donury

Quote Originally Posted by Donury View Post
    Managed to get out last week for my first evening foray this season on the Don.
    Still a bit early for the evening rise but there were still a few individuals feeding.Picked up three decent trout,the best around the 3lb mark,taken at dusk.

img_1354-jpg

Donury
    Cracking fish there mate. That Beaudex is a cracker also. Did you polish it up yourself or is it original? 👍
    "If in doubt, put it back"!

Polished it up myself.
    Got it off ebay thinking it was an old scrapper.I was only interested in the line guard which can be difficult to get hold of.
    When i got it home i realised it had hardly been used but the paint had flaked off it,making it look awful.Think whoever had it before must have used it in the salt water and forgot to wash it afterwards.
    I do have several original Beaudex reels in various sizes which i use for all my trout,seatrout and salmon fishing.
    The sound that they make is fantastic,especially in the dead of night when a big seatrout makes a run

Donury