Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  50
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Good write up Jamie. And great that you made it up. I know a lot of guys who talk about doing it but never do.

I can recognise your feeling of not focussing on the fishing enough. Even though I stay in b&b's and hotels nowadays I still come back thinking I never fished enough or tried harder when the goings tough. Then I remembered that I dont go fishing just to catch fish. I go to to decompress, sleep, watch wildlife, have a laugh etc which its all about. And a great memories for you and your dad. Lifes for living.
    Last edited by AlanT; 20-10-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Nice report, enjoyed reading it.

I was up the north west for a couple of days in august and got caught out in the fog. It closed in very quickly and got really bad and i was lost for a good 5 or 6hrs before i eventually found my way out. Learned a few lessons that day.
    An rud bhios na do bhroin, cha bhi e na do thiomhnadh

Quote Originally Posted by AlanT View Post
    Good write up Jamie. And great that you made it up. I know a lot of guys who talk about doing it but never do.

I can recognise your feeling of not focussing on the fishing enough. Even though I stay in b&b's and hotels nowadays I still come back thinking I never fished enough or tried harder when the goings tough. Then I remembered that I dont go fishing just to catch fish. I go to to decompress, sleep, watch wildlife, have a laugh etc which its all about. And a great memories for you and your dad. Lifes for living.
    Thanks AlanT and Hill loch gold. Normally we fish Saturdays, so we aren't used to fishing consecutive days, maybe the guys who fish for more days at a time perhaps find their effort peaks and troughs over the days. When you are only there for a saturday you need to fish hard to really make the most of the one day.

I think as well the food, or lack of it, when you are camping makes it more difficult. Plus you are in a new location (or certainly a beautiful one) so I think taking all that in is an activity in itself.

very true, I thoroughly agree. It's what keeps us salmon fishing. Much as we go to catch fish there is so much more to it. Definitely made great memories and as you say thats what it is all about.

Really enjoyed reading that Jamie great photos and in my opinion the best report on the forum for a long time well worth the wait

Arnold
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 21-10-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Anybody fished Fionn Loch at the foot of Suilven? There are some wonderful trout in there and char too. There is a short stream joining Loch Veyatie to Fionn Loch and the inlet to Fionn has a good current. Both my mate and I had trout to 1.5lbs fishing the flow and we moved some real lunkers that kept coming short. In the outflow to the Kirkaig river at around 5am I hooked something that took me deep, all over the pool and then came unstuck without me ever seeing it. Must have been a fearsome brownie as salmon and sea trout canít pass the Kirkaig falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    Really enjoyed reading that Jamie great photos and in my opinion the best report on the forum for a long time well worth the wait

Arnold
    I appreciate that Arnold, thank you. It took quite a bit of time to get all the photos uploaded and into the right order etc too.

Assynt is a good option and there are a few big burns between some of the lochs if you really want running water. For salmon in Assynt there are the Kirkaig and Inver rivers which you used to be able to get on fairly easily. Check out the camping sites for more info
    Last edited by RomSh; 01-11-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345