Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    I’m heading to Russia in just over 3 weeks time to guide on the Ponoi for the season at the ryabaga camp.
    Looking forward to it so much!
    You are joining a great team and you will learn more about atlantics in one season than ten back home, spent many weeks out there, great camp and good friends of mine. Enjoy

  2. #22

    Default You're crtainly correct

    Give it a miss, try and get on Alta for that money.



    Quote Originally Posted by orchy1999 View Post
    7.5K Head surgery springs to mind

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wilkinson View Post
    Give it a miss, try and get on Alta for that money.
    A couple of weeks later and its £3.2k plus flights...
    Last edited by Dryfly; 18-04-2018 at 07:20 PM.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wilkinson View Post
    Give it a miss, try and get on Alta for that money.
    Last time I looked, 2011 I think, it was around $70,000 per week for a 2 rod beat. Options for good weeks were traded for many times that. You could try the lottery but you won't be getting much of a sniff on the Alta for £7,500.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Last time I looked, 2011 I think, it was around $70,000 per week for a 2 rod beat. Options for good weeks were traded for many times that. You could try the lottery but you won't be getting much of a sniff on the Alta for £7,500.
    Ouch!

    When is the lottery open?

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    Ouch!

    When is the lottery open?
    I think it may have been and gone. It's £50 to enter and if you win it's a further £400 a day (ish).

    Still compared to buying an option for $500k and spending $70k plus flights for a 2 rod week, and I think you are limited in the hours you can fish too, it's a bargain! Mind you the option will hold its value, with luck might increase in value enough to offset some of the cost of excercising it. Assuming you have that sort of dosh knocking about and can find someone willing to sell an option that is!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Midtre Gauldal, Norway
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I think it may have been and gone. It's £50 to enter and if you win it's a further £400 a day (ish).

    Still compared to buying an option for $500k and spending $70k plus flights for a 2 rod week, and I think you are limited in the hours you can fish too, it's a bargain! Mind you the option will hold its value, with luck might increase in value enough to offset some of the cost of excercising it. Assuming you have that sort of dosh knocking about and can find someone willing to sell an option that is!
    There is another alternative, which is available but on a very limited basis. It is called the «cow licence», which are the licences attributed to right owners, beyond the «option» that you are talking about. But there too, access is based on the opportunity of knowing these owners to get these licences, which is not very easy, even for Norwegians!
    Up to this year, there was another way of fishing the river, which was to purchase one of the licences won by locals in the «local» lottery and resold with subtantial profit. This window has now been closed by ALI, the organisation in charge of the river management.
    Personally, I fished the Alta for four years, through a «cow licence» but never managed to get anything other than grilses, very expensive grilses!!
    Last edited by Gauldalen; 19-04-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •