Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22

Default Green Highlander

Size 2/0 green highlander
    Attached Images Attached Images 20a0cd8a-3d9b-4d34-b4d5-c444f1629bf2-jpeg 

Stunning!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

That's very nice GH, well done

Very nice tying - though I personally detest the pattern itself. Dx

Agreed with Dave. Great tying on a pattern that is revered by many but loathed by a few of us, which I find puzzling as I love green in hairwing flies.

Cheers!

Marc

I have always thought the Green Highlander to be a good looking fly and the example in the OP is as good as it gets. Over all the years I have been fishing I have never caught a fish on a Green Highlander. Of course I rarely use one now and have no confidence in it so these days not really surprising.

What I am looking forward to is keith coming up with some other creations. I love this stuff in winter

Quote Originally Posted by Marc LeBlanc View Post
    Agreed with Dave. Great tying on a pattern that is revered by many but loathed by a few of us, which I find puzzling as I love green in hairwing flies.

Cheers!

Marc
    Thanks Mark, its second classic i ever tied and keep going back to it to see how im progressing , its also the classic fly i ever saw in a glass case in a hotel on banks of the Tay and its had a hold on me since 👍