Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  669
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default White Shrimp

First designed by Watt Burns from the Dub at Birgham, which later was plagiarised by all and sundry and later known as the white wing on the Tweed. Watty was a great fisherman and boatman who in his day tied thousands of flies for his customers, a lot better than the one attached. All tied with hackle.white-shrimp-1-jpg

I can imagine that pulsing away in the current. Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by nwsalar View Post
    Thanks. I messed up the wing; being too long. I was looking at some antique flies and my eye was drawn to the wing tip relative to the tail and length of the heron fibers. I totally missed using the hook length as a gauge. Next time.
    Ive tied a couple of these, they look amazing in the water , wing looks fine to me nwsalar👌

dscf2150_edited-2-jpg

some great entries and a lot of participation which is good to see took me a while to get round to it and I was tempted to tie a classic but those are already well represented so I went for a modern classic with a twist used silver fox as the tail but supported it top and bottom with a wee bit of fox mask
    many men go fishing their whole lives without knowing it is not fish they are after-- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

My 1st entry for competition. I have chosen to tye.Megan Boyd shrimp by famous Scottish lady fly tyer.

Wysłane z mojego SM-A320FL przy użyciu Tapatalka

Very nice Prezmek. I love the tail on this ^^^
    Last edited by Fergal1975; Today at 04:33 PM.

Lovely fly, I don't think the picture does it full justice.

Just another day to go before this months competition will be closed and the voting opened. having checked through I see a few new names to the competition but no one that has identified themselves as someone who has just started to tie salmon flies. If you fall into that category could you please let me know either in an edit of your post with your entry or in a new message.

As mentioned by others there's a high number of entries and so thanks to everyone who's taken part so far, its going to be hard to choose!

Thanks,
    Iain

Guinea Fowl Orange Black and Gold is a theme that runs through many a deadly Scottish classic salmon fly... The Dunked, Munro's Killer and The Gary Dog spring to mind instantly... I've hopefully done them some justice by sticking them on an Irish Shrimp for a swim in 2020..

20200228_170026-jpg
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567