Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi all
    Think I am going to join TOTM this year to improve my tying skills. How do I join in?
    Cheers
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Gpu View Post
    Hi all
    Think I am going to join TOTM this year to improve my tying skills. How do I join in?
    Cheers
    G
    Be great to have you taking part Gpu, and that goes for anyone else too. The more the better!

Early next month Iainmortimer will post a new thread with a theme for that months tie. Just tie a fly that is within the theme for that month and post a picture of it. It really is as simple as that.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gpu View Post
    Hi all
    Cheers
    G
    It would be great to have you join in Gpu. As Jockie has said (thanks) all you need to do is to read the general rules for the comp (same as last year) and the rules for the fly to be tied, tie your fly and then post a photo of it. At that point you're then in the competition - note that you get points just for entering and generally those highest placed are those with the most entries.

I look forward to seeing your entries.

Great, will dust of my tying kit. Looking forward to it.
    Cheers
    G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iainmortimer View Post
    I look forward to seeing your entries.
    Looking forward the start of the totm. Still five months to go until our salmon season starts. No motivation to tie atm, so hopefully would find it from here

Also would be fun to have month with scandi tubes, some weird variation of those. Like really sparse ones, or tiny tubes. I think everyone has done their amount of temple dogs, bananas or den vanligas. Would like to mess those somehow

Irish Lough Flies......

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Irish Lough Flies......
    Thanks Hollywood. As something tied less often Loch and Lough flies are something Iíve been thinking about including Watch this space as they say.

Default TOTM Suggestion

Could the participants be encouraged to list the materials in order of use, as some already do, so that we complete novices can steal the patterns that we so admire thus improving our tying skills and heaven forbid have a chance of catching on something we have tied ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_grayson View Post
    Could the participants be encouraged to list the materials in order of use, as some already do, so that we complete novices can steal the patterns that we so admire thus improving our tying skills and heaven forbid have a chance of catching on something we have tied ourselves.
    Absolutely. I canít see anyone having issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by iainmortimer View Post
    Absolutely. I canít see anyone having issue with that.
    I usually just forget to add the tying pattern. Sorry!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12