Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  404

Poll: Who tied your favourite fly from the November 2019 Tie of the Month Competition?

This poll will close on 16-12-2019 at 10:28 PM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

dscf1625_edited-1-jpgmodern beauly
    mirage butt
    silver embossed
    silver lace
    blue seal mixed with blue angelina and peacock hends spectra
    black heron
    blue peacock breast
    mirage peacock krinkle
    peacock eye
    orange fox fake hackle
    blue varnish
    many men go fishing their whole lives without knowing it is not fish they are after-- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Quote Originally Posted by ryan houston View Post
    mirage butt
    silver embossed
    silver lace
    black heron
    blue peacock breast
    mirage peacock krinkle
    peacock eye
    orange fox fake hackle
    blue varnish
    Beautiful, my favorite so far

Default G

Alexandra x piglet ,seem to have caught more salmon on the Alexandra than sea trout but maybe it will work having found sea trout love feelers as much as salmon this season !
    Materials are boar bristle ,silver body with orange UV rib ,goose tail, pea cock top wing and black and red cape for hackles , uv dyed JC and glow brite 4 for the head.
    Attached Images Attached Images e165b1d8-765d-40fa-a3dc-b12b7fbc2b0c-jpeg 

Quote Originally Posted by ryan houston View Post
    mirage butt
    silver embossed
    silver lace
    black heron
    blue peacock breast
    mirage peacock krinkle
    peacock eye
    orange fox fake hackle
    blue varnish
    That is just beautiful. Should be in a glass box, the colour combination stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by nwsalar View Post
    A number of good flies from this side utilizing peacock herl in the body, tails, and wing: the Rat Series, Undertaker, Rutledge, Glitter Bear,........ but, I'm fishing the Restigouche next June.

Attachment 40735
    is this an actual Restigouche pattern? I really like that one just want to be sure of the provenance if I copy it
    many men go fishing their whole lives without knowing it is not fish they are after-- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

I have pretty good confidence that this is a legitimate Restigouche pattern. Going back to Mary Orvis Marbury's Favorite Flies and their Histories from 1982 the Black Dose is considered a mainstay on the Restigouche. I have fished the Restigouche and it is pictured on the RRL webpage as tied by Scott Doncaster. It is also listed and pictured in Doug Underhill's Salmon Country about NB's rivers and Terry Hellekson's Fish Flies, p. 550. Notable tier Jerome Malloy, an ASFI-expo tier has this version on Pinterest.

Quote Originally Posted by nwsalar View Post
    I have pretty good confidence that this is a legitimate Restigouche pattern. Going back to Mary Orvis Marbury's Favorite Flies and their Histories from 1982 the Black Dose is considered a mainstay on the Restigouche. I have fished the Restigouche and it is pictured on the RRL webpage as tied by Scott Doncaster. It is also listed and pictured in Doug Underhill's Salmon Country about NB's rivers and Terry Hellekson's Fish Flies, p. 550. Notable tier Jerome Malloy, an ASFI-expo tier has this version on Pinterest.
    thanks can you tell me is it moose body dyed black that makes most of these types of fly? and if so is there a source?

Hi all,

Here is my attempt at a Beauly Snow Fly....

291cf6ac-b8b6-4a3c-8a95-560064ca7866-jpeg
    Last edited by tawsalmon; 21-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions." - John Ashley Cooper

Found this one in the archives, a bit out of the ordinary and no match for the beautiful flies posted on this thread, but it worked. (blue soft hackle under peacock)

11954742_839354772828058_7804998689869930823_n-jpg
    Last edited by firefly; 21-11-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: new try
    firefly

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Found this one in the archives, a bit out of the ordinary and no match for the beautiful flies posted on this thread, but it worked. (blue soft hackle under peacock)

Attachment 40862
    Hi Firefly

The attachment bug has struck. Your attachment cannot be seen. To fix the problem you need to select 'edit', attach your image again and save your changes.

It happens about 30% of the time anyone attaches an image to the forum but I don't think there is any interest in fixing the problem.

'Attaching images using 'post quick reply'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast