Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  350

Poll: Who tied your favourite fly from the July 2019 Tie of the Month Competition?

This poll will close on 31-08-2019 at 05:56 PM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Perrypoker beat me to this one!

The ghillie is also my effort for this months comp.

_20190711_124731-jpg

I was waiting for Jockiescott to post his fly as the betting was it would be an Editor or Doctor . This is a sort of Silver Doctor longtail.

silver-doctor-longtail-jpg
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post
    I was waiting for Jockiescott to post his fly as the betting was it would be an Editor or Doctor . This is a sort of Silver Doctor longtail.

I didn't think your flies could get any sparser! But you've managed it. Cracker

What a brilliant theme for TOTM, im intreauged to see what other 'vocational' flies will be submitted its almost worth scoring the name of the flie as the tieing itself. One i wouldn't have thought of was the golden analyst. Keep them coming guys!

Im in the process of moving house and my new house has a man den already in situe so when we are moved in ill join in the competition. I was gutted when my fly tieing room had to become a nursery to my little son though it has been worth it. I miss my vice though!
    Last edited by Saint Andrews; 11-07-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    "If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists"

MSP 1999- "If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Some cracking flies.....

Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post

Must be getting old or my mind is definitely slipping. I never even considered a doctor! 😂
    Last edited by Jockiescott; 11-07-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Excellent flies in this month competition gentlemen Here in my fly, the Silver Doctor #1/0. As a matter of fact I've started doing this fly about 2 weeks ago (married the wings), when this month theme was announced, I've decided to finish off the fly and show it here instead of in the Traditional/Fully Dressed Patterns section.
    Attached Images Attached Images fly332-jpg 

Incredible! Beautiful work! I would love to fish these traditional stylepatterns for a few weeks and see the out come.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Excellent flies in this month competition gentlemen Here in my fly, the Silver Doctor #1/0. As a matter of fact I've started doing this fly about 2 weeks ago (married the wings), when this month theme was announced, I've decided to finish off the fly and show it here instead of in the Traditional/Fully Dressed Patterns section.
    Simply stunning! 👏👏👏👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytree View Post
    Incredible! Beautiful work! I would love to fish these traditional stylepatterns for a few weeks and see the out come.
    Thank you Mattytree! I've fished a bit with this kind of patterns this season, haven't got a fish yet... though I haven't got a salmon on modern patterns as well. But I think flies are fine, just the angler is lame haha. Anyway, I'm going on the river tomorrow with hope to catch my first salmon this year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast