Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  703
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Rogie (v)

Some cracking flies on offer already, sure to be copying more than one, but here’s mine for this month, a take on a good spring fly the Rogie.
    Attached Images Attached Images eac4109e-46bc-4ffa-8c56-41f4f3bc9eb3-jpeg 
    “Oh! You are the people ruining the rivers and environment.”
    Prince Philip, to Scottish fish farm employees at Holyrood, 1999

Default Spring Flamethrower

Haven't entered the comp in a long time but thought I would throw my hat into the ring!

Here's a pattern that I have been tying for a while and its done well here and in early season Russia, a variation on the tried and trusted 'Black and Yellow' theme, tied Flamethrower style. Its on a Loop double size 8, a super strong hook with good weight to get it down in cold spring water.

black-yellow-flamethrower-jpg
    Last edited by easky; 13-02-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

As braw as they come Andrew

Default WG Flamethrower

Tying has a long way to go but if I don't enter I don't learn.
    wg-flamethrower-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ypres View Post
    wg-flamethrower-jpg
    Very tidy with a nice profile.. I think you’ve reached the destination already 😊👍👍
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

wg-flamethrower-jpg

Your tying is fantastic - God help us if this is you still learning- you tie a stunning and tidy fly. I doubt the rest of us could tie it any better - I know I couldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by easky View Post
    Very tidy with a nice profile.. I think you’ve reached the destination already 😊👍👍
    Thanks for the compliment particularly as I have a feeling I may have seen the original version of this tying on one of your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    Have to be quick off the mark this month, what a standard. Good to see the US / Irish 1-2 has got the Scottish lads moving

Seeing as there’s a ‘Posh Tosh’ I’m calling this a ‘Funky Monkey’. Unlikely there will be any improvement on the original but I like the colours. I need 1 vote, just 1 vote. . .

[Attachment 27514
    Fantastic flies

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickT View Post
    Your tying is fantastic - God help us if this is you still learning- you tie a stunning and tidy fly. I doubt the rest of us could tie it any better - I know I couldn't!
    Very kind of you. I just felt that the bucktail was too splayed out but nevertheless a fishing fly which will get a swim once I move on from tubes and flying Cs this spring.
    Just tied a few more with some ancient woven gold braid that I have discovered amongst my late Dad's tying gear. I'll think of him when I give them a cast. Especially if I get a bend in the rod!

Very kind of you. I just felt that the bucktail was too splayed out but nevertheless a fishing fly which will get a swim once I move on from tubes and flying Cs this spring.
    Just tied a few more with some ancient woven gold braid that I have discovered amongst my late Dad's tying gear. I'll think of him when I give them a cast. Especially if I get a bend in the rod!
    A little tip for you before you look at your fly - stick it under the tap to settle everything, let it dry and then have a look at it.

Looking forward to more of your flies.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast