Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  181
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who tied your favourite fly from the December 2017 Tie Of The Month competition?

This poll will close on 31-01-2018 at 03:05 PM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Iíd like to sit down and tie something as well. We will se...
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

Default Last minute entry

2fa3b0b9-53bf-46c4-bdf6-705237bff6dc-jpg

Hope you donít mind an entry from an occasional forum user.... maybe by New Years resolution should be to come on more.

Hereís a Peacock Cosseboom for your consideration...

Needed an excuse to tie one, may just give it throw sometime now Iíve tied it.. 👍

Some inspiration*:

*not the scum bit mind.....

Default Last minute entry

Still playing with Spey flies.

img_3569-jpg

Purple type of spey tied up with materials I dyed up yesterday.
    Colin

I like that a lot Billy, worth extending to get that in.

Any more for any more?

Quote Originally Posted by billy fish View Post
    Still playing with Spey flies.

img_3569-jpg

Purple type of spey tied up with materials I dyed up yesterday.
    Colin
    Very nice billy fish

Default Orange Hoh Bo Spey

Another first for me (one of the big plusses of this competition).

This is a Hoh Bo Spey, a type of intruder typically used wherever steelhead are found. This is a scaled down version as I intend to try it on my local ST on light tackle

It surprised me in that I really enjoyed tying this one.

20180108_003941-jpg
    Last edited by AlanT; 08-01-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks for the late entries gentlemen, they all look very good. The Poll is up and the entries are summarised on the first post of the thread.

I'll publish the end of season summary at the end of Jan and we'll see what the scores look like, I think it may be tighter than I thought, with Silver Seeker making a late run, but he didn't enter this month so maybe nwsalar will keep his lead intact, I don't know if I can stand the suspense

I don't plan to run a competition in January. If anyone wants to take over then let me know.

If not then I'll start the 2018 competition in the first week of February. We'll run one theme for the year and that will be a fly for each month, with the aim of putting together a virtual fly box to meet all conditions across the year. Now all I have to do is work out how to prevent everyone entering a Willie Gunn every month,, hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    Thanks for the late entries gentlemen, they all look very good. The Poll is up and the entries are summarised on the first post of the thread.

I'll publish the end of season summary at the end of Jan and we'll see what the scores look like, I think it may be tighter than I thought, with Silver Seeker making a late run, but he didn't enter this month so maybe nwsalar will keep his lead intact, I don't know if I can stand the suspense

I don't plan to run a competition in January. If anyone wants to take over then let me know.

If not then I'll start the 2018 competition in the first week of February. We'll run one theme for the year and that will be a fly for each month, with the aim of putting together a virtual fly box to meet all conditions across the year. Now all I have to do is work out how to prevent everyone entering a Willie Gunn every month,, hmmmmmmmmmm
    Thanks for doing a great job running the show GK - I'm hoping I'll participate more in 2018. All the best and looking forward to some great flies tied this year by the TOTM entrants.

Thanks for doing the previous ones GK and will look forward to what themes you come up with.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast