Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  395

View Poll Results: Who tied your favourite fly from the October 2017 Tie of The Month competition?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Ryan Houston

1 1.79%
  • gwelsher

0 0%
  • AlanT

10 17.86%
  • KGM

11 19.64%
  • Jockiescott

0 0%
  • gt05254

2 3.57%
  • PerryPoker

3 5.36%
  • silver seeker

3 5.36%
  • Tenet

0 0%
  • Tawsalmon

0 0%
  • Ade

7 12.50%
  • Slaneybs

0 0%
  • GaryD

0 0%
  • nwsalar

13 23.21%
  • Faughan Purple

1 1.79%
  • Grassy_Knollngton

4 7.14%
  • Suirspey

1 1.79%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

All the flies are great. WELL DONE everyone who entered as its a great way to improve your tying and push yourself and its not always easy to have your fly compared against others.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

The quality of the fly's on show this month is absolutely fantastic so a massive very well done to all who took the time to contribute my favourite one this year so far
    Really hard one to vote for this month and only wish I could have voted for more than one but this month my vote goes to AlanT

Really hard one, too many cracking flies.

This month my vote goes to Gary 'gt'

Quote Originally Posted by clydesider View Post
    Just voted........would love to have the option of a first place, second and third vote just like some elections!! Maybe a bit too confusing though
    We may be able to do something like that because there is a multiple choice option o the ‘Poll’ tool. Let me se if I can do it first. We’d have to work out the scoring and it might get a bit complicated e.g. What if the favourite second choice fly gets more points than the favourite first place? 10 people choose fly ‘a’ as their second choice (80pts) but 7 people choose fly ‘b’ as their first fly(70pts)?

What a great selection of featherwings.....could never tie these myself. For Alan T first effort at a featherwing its a really great effort, my vote goes to this one.
    Fish where there is most fish and you are 90% there to becoming a successful angler.

I choose but it's a very good competition and all extremely well tied.

They are all winners really

Very tough choice but had to go for kgm’s, one of my favourite flies and beautifully tied. Can only aspire to this level of skill at the moment, but maybe one day....

It's Ade's flee for me, lacks polish but a very good effort at a classic for someone not expert in that field

MockD

Quote Originally Posted by mauriced View Post
    It's Ade's flee for me, lacks polish but a very good effort at a classic for someone not expert in that field

MockD
    Same with me MockD

The crest could do with a good wash, but the tie in of the wing and the finish of the head is nice and tidy for a novice at the classics

Good luck Ade, you got my vote

NS

And the winner is: nwsalar! An extremely well received tying of an absolute classic featherwing fly, very well done!

totm-jpg

In close second place with the pretty much perfect Silver Doctor was KGM, it would be nice to see some more of your tying back on the forum....

And in very close second place was AlanT, I really liked the wing and colour combination used there and so did everyone else by the looks of it.

I think that was the highest standard of tying so far this year, well done to all the contributors and thanks to those who voted.

For anyone who didn't get a vote, don't be discouraged! About 60% of the votes this month went to the top 3 and that really makes a difference to how many make it to everyone else.

All the best

GK
    Last edited by Grassy_Knollington; 01-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789