Zpey service WOW!

3msw

Reaction score
Hi there

I thought I would share a good news story (for a fisherman that is!) I had heard alot about the new Switch HM Signature rod from zpey (11ft 8) and was lying in bed last Sunday morning when I decided to send them an email asking a few questions, where they are stocked etc.
I expected a reply on the Monday but was very surprised when I received a full reply half an hour later on a Sunday morning from a Zpey staff member, half an hour after that I received an email from Mike in AM Angling offering any advice I needed about the rod.

I had a good chat to mike the next day and he explained that there was another Zpey 11ft switch rod from the Aspire range. Of course I could'nt decide without casting them both - NOT A PROBLEM - Mike sends the two rods and Zpey reel and line by next day courier so that I could try them side by side over the last weekend of the season.

I was simply blown away by this level of service, customer care and going the extra mile. I caught and returned a fish on the Signature switch yesterday (incidently is a very sweet rod and set up) and needless to say purchased the rod. From an initial email to receiving two rods on trial to making the purchase all within a week. I am not normally this enthusiastic when handing over £500 but if the rod lives up to the level of service I have received from Zpey and AM angling I am going to be a happy fisherman.

Thanks
3MSW

bankwheel

Reaction score
People always look at the cheapest price first but I think Mike is beating all these other guys due to his level of service, he is a pleasure to deal with and always sends stuff over for me to try first.
Did you end up with the signature? What did you think of the Inspire?

Chris-D

Reaction score
great service. I really want one of them 11ft hm signature switch rods but only after getting a 12ft cross s1!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!

rrw35

Reaction score
Both cracking rods. The sig just has a wee bit exta power on longer casts. Both are finished to a very high standard.

A.M Angling

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and support Guys. Good luck with the rod Eoin and the Rod arrived safely today.
In all honestly Zpey are a great company to deal with and they deserve a lot of credit, great products and great support.

Useless

Reaction score
I don’t want to temper your enthusiasm but my experience with the Zpey company is not very good. For 2 years one of my Zpey rods broke spontaneously and because there wasn’t a dealer anymore I had to contact the Zpey company itself. After 5 or 6 mails without an answer I contacted one of the field-testers and after 3 or 4 months I finally got an answer. Because my rod wasn’t made anymore they offered to replace it for another one. I had to pay 100 euro to get it replaced for a rod that was about 175 pounds cheaper than my old one. I refused and didn’t hear from them again. After several mails –it took about 5 months- they offered to replace it for a rod in the same price range. I still had to pay 100 euro handling costs but after about a year my rod was finally replaced. In one of their mails they forgot to remove their internal correspondence so I could read the nasty remarks they made on my behalf. A totally lack of respect for their customers.

I still love my Zpey rods because they are great and still own 5 or 6 but after this I will never buy another rod from them again because their customer service is one of the worst I’ve ever experienced and I think they should be glad to have very good dealers to promote their products and in my opinion they are the ones who deserve the credits for a good service, not the company.

Paul White

Reaction score
I don’t want to temper your enthusiasm but my experience with the Zpey company is not very good. For 2 years one of my Zpey rods broke spontaneously and because there wasn’t a dealer anymore I had to contact the Zpey company itself. After 5 or 6 mails without an answer I contacted one of the field-testers and after 3 or 4 months I finally got an answer. Because my rod wasn’t made anymore they offered to replace it for another one. I had to pay 100 euro to get it replaced for a rod that was about 175 pounds cheaper than my old one. I refused and didn’t hear from them again. After several mails –it took about 5 months- they offered to replace it for a rod in the same price range. I still had to pay 100 euro handling costs but after about a year my rod was finally replaced. In one of their mails they forgot to remove their internal correspondence so I could read the nasty remarks they made on my behalf. A totally lack of respect for their customers.

I still love my Zpey rods because they are great and still own 5 or 6 but after this I will never buy another rod from them again because their customer service is one of the worst I’ve ever experienced and I think they should be glad to have very good dealers to promote their products and in my opinion they are the ones who deserve the credits for a good service, not the company.

I can't see Mike at AM Angling behaving like this so I would think that as long as you buy from a reputable dealer (which without a shadow of a doubt AM is). then the aftercare will be fine.

Paul

Last edited:

rrw35

Reaction score

Doesn't reflect my experience of them and Mike at A.M Angling goes out of his way to make sure purchasers get the right rods, by sending demo gear out to try and arranging rod testing with different lines.

I've honestly had nothing but great service from the Scandi companies like Loop, Zpey and Guideline, both in relation to purchases and warranty breakages.

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
Same here before when it was in Norway and now mathias in Denmark they can't do enough for you and a very quick turnaround when you have a breakage would reccomend them no probs.cheers Craig wyness

kgm

Reaction score
Doesn't reflect my experience of them and Mike at A.M Angling goes out of his way to make sure purchasers get the right rods, by sending demo gear out to try and arranging rod testing with different lines.

I've honestly had nothing but great service from the Scandi companies like Loop, Zpey and Guideline, both in relation to purchases and warranty breakages.

Me too.

Broke my zpey instinct on it's first outing. More than likely my fault as I didn't tape the joints and tried these fancy snake rolls. Emailed my friendly retailer Westforkfly and was contacted by Zpey customer service with an hour.

Explained exactly what had happened, they said it was most likely a factory flaw in the joint and replaced the two sections.Top class and the rod is still going strong:) The Zpey customer service rep still contacts me by email to chat about recent fishing outings, 18 months later - now that good friendly service in anybodies book.

I can say the exact same about my experience with the Guideline customer service team up there in Sweden.

keirstream

Reaction score
I can say the exact same about my experience with the Guideline customer service team up there in Sweden.

Strange that the retailer receives top plaudits for Zspey service with the manufacturer receiving some negative vibes , my experience of Guideline is exactly the reverse.
Talking directly to the company resulted in top class service direct from Sweden and yet the retailer was a huge let down who didn't want to know about after sales service.:(
Having said that , my only current Guideline rod , a 13ft 7in Reaction , has quite amazingly withstood a full season without issue in my care , which is a personal record for me and Guidline rods.:)
So I haven't yet had to call on the services of my current retailer , Angling Active , for help.:cool:

kgm

Reaction score
Strange that the retailer receives top plaudits for Zspey service with the manufacturer receiving some negative vibes , my experience of Guideline is exactly the reverse.
Talking directly to the company resulted in top class service direct from Sweden and yet the retailer was a huge let down who didn't want to know about after sales service.:(
Having said that , my only current Guideline rod , a 13ft 7in Reaction , has quite amazingly withstood a full season without issue in my care , which is a personal record for me and Guidline rods.:)
So I haven't yet had to call on the services of my current retailer , Angling Active , for help.:cool:

Aye but not from me Tam.

Both Zpey retailer and parent company have been brilliant with me and Guideline HQ were brilliant with me also.

That's why they get my repeat business:) and that shower in Glasgow don't:eek: