Zpey Instinct

beanieboy

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Instinct and the Infinity? - I note the latter is a bit more expensive - is the handle offset to the same degree?

kgm

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Instinct and the Infinity? - I note the latter is a bit more expensive - is the handle offset to the same degree?

Zpeys definition

Infinity is the newer series of Zpey fly rods but based on the Instinct series.

They are made from better carbon, and the actions are slightly deeper, the tip sections slightly stronger and the smoothness of the way these rods bend will make grown men weep.

The Infinity rods represent the almost magic combination of sensuous control and limitless power.

I can't see anything wrong with my cheapo Instinct.

jimmy 84

Reaction score
Still waiting . . .

Anybody else know where would do a good price on the 13ft 2 8/9 Infinity pm me . ;0

I brought mine from Laboutiquezpey in France and i paid £560 for it, and i've got to say im really happy with it. The service was greate aswell.

Jimmy

jimmy 84

Reaction score
Zpeys definition

Infinity is the newer series of Zpey fly rods but based on the Instinct series.

They are made from better carbon, and the actions are slightly deeper, the tip sections slightly stronger and the smoothness of the way these rods bend will make grown men weep.

The Infinity rods represent the almost magic combination of sensuous control and limitless power.

I can't see anything wrong with my cheapo Instinct.

There is very little difference between the two IMHO but the Infinity just feels a bit better and the handle is fantastic. Having said that i would have brought the Instinct had it not been in 6 pieces.

Jimmy

Eminem

Reaction score
The Infinity is a faster rod which is much less forgiving compared to the Instinct. Great rods which reward competent and efficient casting - pricey though.
A friend of mine fishes both type but his "go to" rod is always the Infinity.

Intruder

Reaction score
hi,
can anyone help, i am trying to locate the best deal for a zpey instinct rod, i dont mind importing if the price is good.
cheers

There is a sale on Instinct rods (450 Euro - 500 Euro) and Zpey flylines (60 euro) on:

www.westforkfly.se

Good luck:)

Peter

freeline2.4

Reaction score
zpey instinct 15ft 10/11

Any instinct 15 fter owners got a favourite spey line they use on this rod ,been using heads on mine but would be interested to know if anyones found a descent matched spey with descent presentation besides good distance ?
FL2.4