Zpey Instinct

callum hepburn

Banned
Reaction score
hi,
can anyone help, i am trying to locate the best deal for a zpey instinct rod, i dont mind importing if the price is good.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Eminem

Reaction score
Have a look at www.laboutiquezpey.com
Haven't bought rods frm them but have bought lines and fly tying gear.:)

Last edited:

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
got mine off ebay and put in best offer i wanted to pay and got it nearly 200 cheaper than anywhere here think it was from a shop in holland
hope this helps ,someone was selling two of them on here last week
cheers craig

speers

Reaction score
got mine off ebay and put in best offer i wanted to pay and got it nearly 200 cheaper than anywhere here think it was from a shop in holland
hope this helps ,someone was selling two of them on here last week
cheers craig

i wouldnt be suprised that the link i posted is the same shop, i would give him a ring and see if he can do you a deal , you never no.:)

Hibernicus

Reaction score
15'

I know of a 15' for sale privately from a non forum member and if that's what you are looking for I can ask him for his best price?
H

rrw35

Reaction score
Have you tried the Zpey rod before buying?

I had an 11ft switch rod for an 8. Great finish and build quality, but I couldnt see how the physics of the handle helped casting and didn't think it was as good as the Guideline Lpxe switch rods.

speers

Reaction score
Have you tried the Zpey rod before buying?

I had an 11ft switch rod for an 8. Great finish and build quality, but I couldnt see how the physics of the handle helped casting and didn't think it was as good as the Guideline Lpxe switch rods.

funny , i thnink mine's great:D:D

rrw35

Reaction score
funny , i thnink mine's great:D:D

It was a nice rod, but i'm just not sure the handle offers any real benefits and I did try the rod with a variety of lines.

Perhaps a casting lesson with Henrik Mortensen would have sorted me out.:D

I think my 10ft 7 for an 8 Loop Opti Switch is a much better rod.

Last edited:

Icelander05

Reaction score
Callum,
I have two selling for a friend. One is the 15 ft. 10/11 modell in mint condition. Price is 450,-- incl. shipping. Pls. let me know if interested.
Icelander05

callum hepburn

Banned
Reaction score
infact i have a angel ll 10#7 used about 5 times i would consider swap or sell , sorry if in wrong section springer

Eminem

Reaction score
Now the proud owner of a 14'6" Instinct. Should get a chance to give it a proper go this weekend. Beautifully finished, excellent cork quality too.

Cheers, M :)

PS Can someone edit the Thread Title to read "Zpey Instinct" ?

callum hepburn

Banned
Reaction score
Now the proud owner of a 14'6" Instinct. Should get a chance to give it a proper go this weekend. Beautifully finished, excellent cork quality too.

Cheers, M :)

PS Can someone edit the Thread Title to read "Zpey Instinct" ?

Great my zpey instinct 13.7 is magic i teamed it with a Hardy Cascapedia MKIII 9 -10 i like the weight of the reel as the rod loads deep in the action then Bang shoots the line like a bullet , took a bit getting used to but aim high and let it fly, rio afs line is magic , honestly its one of the best rods i have and if your struggling buy henricks Scandinavian spey cast part 2 as he use's the rods, i have chatted with him and he is a great chap, he will answer any query you have. ENJOY.:):)

Last edited:

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
zpey instinct

I have had a 15ft instinct for a couple of years now and have just bought a 14/6 as well tried the lot angels/ looms/ loops nothing matches these babys for an easy days fishing and the service from zpey is excellent still a few going cheap at sportfish sale get in quick lads

Cheers Craig

Fly-Tom

Reaction score
I have a instinct 12.8ft and really like it. I also tried the new infinity series at some exhibition and found it even better so I'm considering buying a 15ft infinity maybe you should think about this one too.

Regards,
Tom

ubbi

Reaction score
Just tried an Istinct 1379 ....wow it casts like a dream... also tried an Infinity 13 8 " and 14 6" and ..wow again ..two of the best rod i've ever cast , also the Zpey distinctive grip handle i've found very useful and IMO increases easily the typical underhand style , for sure Zpey Instinct or Infinity will be my next purchase for a salmon rod ..but not in the next future because my wife could be very dangerous :(

ubbi

callum hepburn

Banned
Reaction score
Just tried an Istinct 1379 ....wow it casts like a dream... also tried an Infinity 13 8 " and 14 6" and ..wow again ..two of the best rod i've ever cast , also the Zpey distinctive grip handle i've found very useful and IMO increases easily the typical underhand style , for sure Zpey Instinct or Infinity will be my next purchase for a salmon rod ..but not in the next future because my wife could be very dangerous :(

ubbi

When you get it enjoy it mate, if i only had to use 1 rod again it would be my instinct. :)

ubbi

Reaction score
When you get it enjoy it mate, if i only had to use 1 rod again it would be my instinct. :)

2 days ago ,i said not in the next future ??? Ah ah ...yesterday during an exhibition i couldn't resist and found a great deal for an Infinity 13 8" and bought it...:p...how can i do with my wife ?? :eek:...i bought it together with my fishing buddy ..;)...next saturday i will test the rod better on the river ..can't wait :rolleyes:

callum hepburn

Banned
Reaction score
2 days ago ,i said not in the next future ??? Ah ah ...yesterday during an exhibition i couldn't resist and found a great deal for an Infinity 13 8" and bought it...:p...how can i do with my wife ?? :eek:...i bought it together with my fishing buddy ..;)...next saturday i will test the rod better on the river ..can't wait :rolleyes:

Hahaha enjoy it....

Fly-Tom

Reaction score

Nice to hear that you bought it ...... will be interesting to hear how you like it.

For some reason wifes quite often don't understand why one needs another rod or reel etc even though this is not really difficult to understand :cool:

Regards,
Tom

ubbi

Reaction score
Nice to hear that you bought it ...... will be interesting to hear how you like it.

For some reason wifes quite often don't understand why one needs another rod or reel etc even though this is not really difficult to understand :cool:

Regards,
Tom

Hi, for sure i will let you know how i like it...yes wifes often don't understand our need of another rod ..the main problem for me is that i'm also fond of bamboo fly rods for trout ( but i have also 2 handed bamboo fly rods ) i have a bunch more less of 20 and each year this number increases..so i have to pay attention with her :D..but at the end of the story i can admit my wife is a saint :eek: .. or may be she loves me :confused:

cheers
ubbi