Zpey Going Straight?

Long Shot

Reaction score
"We are still confident about the fact that the bent Zpey handle is better than the traditional straight one and our future double hand focus is definitely pointed in the bent handle direction".

Eh ??

Eminem

Reaction score
Nowt wrong with covering the bases and allowing others to appreciate a pretty excellent blank IMHO :)

Makes economic sense which is all that the "bean counters" will be interested in.

Dabbler.07

Reaction score
wonder if you are able to purchase the straight handle on it's own, to accommodate previous 2013 models? Nit that I will be looking for one obviously, but it would help maybe in the sale of 02nd hand rods!

anodizedchrome

Reaction score
wonder if you are able to purchase the straight handle on it's own, to accommodate previous 2013 models? Nit that I will be looking for one obviously, but it would help maybe in the sale of 02nd hand rods!

That's a good idea, and one I'm sure they have thought of. But doubt they would go ahead with it, as it won't make them money in the long run. They don't want people to buy 2nd hand they want you going to them for the new model.

Hibernicus

Reaction score
That's long overdue and leaves me with a dilemma - a straight handle 13'3" #8 would be hard to resist.
H:)

Last edited:

Eminem

Reaction score

Retro-fitting handles may be a possibility on all the switch rods as they are detachable but not sure how you could do it on the bigger stuff. :confused:

Not that you'd be looking for one obviously.....:eek::p

Last edited:

paddymc

Reaction score
Not sure that they are offering the switch rods with a straight handle, are they ?

Franck 38

Reaction score
Hi,
Only bent handle on switch rods, and only Signature and Inspire rods with a straight handle

A.M Angling

Banned
Reaction score

rs2ford

Reaction score
Would never buy a z spey rod because I personally don't like the shape of the handle, but the new straight one is much more appealing. Why not do both and capture the widest possible market. Makes perfect sense from a sales point of view.

Cheers Diarmid.

Last edited:

rrw35

Reaction score
Would never buy a z spey rod because I personally don't like the shape of the handle, but the new straight one is much more appealing. Why not do both and capture the widest possible market. Makes perfect sense from a sales point of view.

Cheers Diarmid.

This is the rub...."I Don't like the handle shape" is a common judgement, before people have actually tried the rods.....

Noodles

Banned
Reaction score
This is the rub...."I Don't like the handle shape" is a common judgement, before people have actually tried the rods....

I've had a go with them and I think the handle shape is good! Sits in the hand beautifully! It's something quirky that some people are frightend to try! I'd have one in any size but I've no need for any more new rods!

bankwheel

Reaction score
I have two and am planning a third. It just feels very natural to have your hands in that position while your casting.

Last edited: