Your Biggest Gripe, 1 only

Fall prince

Reaction score
Home pool Rio grande river a few years ago. Lost a 30lb sea-trout via a frayed leader. First time ever, I never changed my leader in the morning. Still hurts.

Coneheads

Reaction score
Fishing on Fishpal stating an angling club, syndicate members will be fishing alongside you on your day ?
Greedy riparian owners comes to mind not satisfied with rent off clubs/syndicates,

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
A

Aye that'll be next. Then we will need to reintroduce the bears to eat the wolves of course :LOL:
You jest but of course others are seriously considering it.

There was a short film done on the wolves of Yellowstone after their reintroduction and the good it did to the whole ecosystem. Especially to rivers. Worth a watch.

lefthandup

Reaction score

There was a short film done on the wolves of Yellowstone after their reintroduction and the good it did to the whole ecosystem. Especially to rivers. Worth a watch.
They'll certainly thin out our deer population...and the farmers livestock ?

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score

I have seen it or a similar film. The national parks in America and Canada do benefit from a good balance of all species including top predators. However they have many, many square miles of habitat with very few people and very little farming or alteration by humans. My trip to Canada last year was a real eye opener. I hadn't fully appreciated the vast areas of wilderness out there. Each wolf and bear needs a large area of this habitat. Attacks on humans by bears are very rare. Attacks on humans by wolves are virtually unheard of (although a few dogs do get killed when allowed to run off into the woods). Not sure we have enough wilderness areas with few people around and no farming to accommodate too many wolves and bears !

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
They'll certainly thin out our deer population...and the farmers livestock ?
No idea why, but this reminded me of the attempt to net a seal out of the Dee? :ROFLMAO:
Possibly because they are both right up there near the top of the stupid idea pile.

My own pet hate is greedy bastards on the other bank, when you are fishing a single bank beat. (Jumping in in front of you, not moving, sprinting down to get into the pool first).

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
I have seen it or a similar film. The national parks in America and Canada do benefit from a good balance of all species including top predators. However they have many, many square miles of habitat with very few people and very little farming or alteration by humans. My trip to Canada last year was a real eye opener. I hadn't fully appreciated the vast areas of wilderness out there. Each wolf and bear needs a large area of this habitat. Attacks on humans by bears are very rare. Attacks on humans by wolves are virtually unheard of (although a few dogs do get killed when allowed to run off into the woods). Not sure we have enough wilderness areas with few people around and no farming to accommodate too many wolves and bears !

Agree completely. Theres the odd remote moor and other than the highlands or rural SW Ireland there's really too many people and farms to think about reintroducing a large apex predator.

Although hearing that howl at night again would be special.

auldsalmon

Reaction score

I watched it brought everything back to a reasonable level in the park ;) the deer stayed away from the lowlands and there wasn't as much grazing and damage done (y)

Rennie

Reaction score
Agree completely. Theres the odd remote moor and other than the highlands or rural SW Ireland there's really too many people and farms to think about reintroducing a large apex predator.

Although hearing that howl at night again would be special.
How about Westminster, they'd fit in well with all the Jackal's and Hyena's there too!
P.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Had that happen to me, when I asked them what they were doing, they said they were filming a comedy....
Im sure these could get a good laugh aswel. Id fished a pool down and went from knee deep water to chest deep in about 10 casts so my casting totaly fell to bits

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk