You are restricted from creating any new threads in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Bloke selling two rods seems fine. Bloke selling a few fly lines gets his thread deleted for breaking "the rules".

Funny how this matters more than giving an explanation as to why a thread containing a link to a Norwegian charity was deleted.

fly guy

Reaction score
Grim_Reaper.jpg

keirstream

Reaction score
I emailed fishandfly and Paul Sherman replied quickly yesterday saying that he could find nothing wrong with my account and did not know why I had been locked out. He asked for some more information which I sent him.
I've just sent him another email as I am still locked out.:(

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am aware of that.
Neither am I trying to sell multiple items.
I have not breached a monthly allowance.
I did try to post another item in a separate thread and was excluded and I guess that someone will come in and edit out the original post.
I haven't fallen out with anyone recently.
I have not indulged in offensive language.
I have posted nothing controversial recently.
Why Me?????:help::help::):)

With respect if you check your post here it will explain.

07-11-2018, 05:51 PM

keirstream

Post Thanks / Like

Rods To Go
Just bought 2 new rods, a Loop Cross S1 12ft and a Gaelforce Destination 14ft 6in.
Bank is now broke so existing rods need to go.
LPXe V3 15ft 10/11 4 piece bought from a forum member 4 months ago, now redundant, not even test cast by me and used twice previously. As new and properly minted £300 inc postage in U.K.
Sharpes Gordon 14ft 3 in Plus 3 travel rod 6 piece. Used once, landed 3 fish on the Teith but now redundant. Also as new and properly minted £265 inc postage in U.K.
Greys 11ft 6in GRXi. This rod is a favourite of mine but the Loop renders it redundant also.
£100 inc postage in U.K.
Airflo 11ft 3 in 7wt Switch used twice. Mint £90 inc postage in U.K.

So much for now, photos on request if needed but mint means what it says on the tin.

Also the system will stop further ads if you have already made 5 posts in a 30 day period ,that means if you make 5posts on the 3rd of the month,it will be another 30 days from then before the system will accept another sales post.

Its always easy to blame admin,but as the above shows we cant always accept blame and if we are in the wrong we will certainly be man enough to apolgise for it.

As for not returning or accepting pm,s,I do apoligise for that but due to serious health issues among other things I have ot been available.

Having justchecked your posts also,after your above post was deleted,you did make a further 4 posts of sales,last being 4th of dec which would then have made 5 posts in sales so the system would have applied the above 30 day rule,so the message was correct and only after the 7th dec,would it allow anymore in sales.So there is nothing wrong with your accounts

Hemmy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your serious health problems Myriad and wish you well......sales of second hand gear and problems with forum rules pale in to insignificance when compared with health issues

keirstream

Reaction score
With respect if you check your post here it will explain.

Having justchecked your posts also,after your above post was deleted,you did make a further 4 posts of sales,last being 4th of dec which would then have made 5 posts in sales so the system would have applied the above 30 day rule,so the message was correct and only after the 7th dec,would it allow anymore in sales.So there is nothing wrong with your accounts

Then maybe you could explain just why the 1st post, deleted by yourself and point taken by me, still counted towards the 5 post rule?
2 of the the 3 rods on that post were reposted, so even assuming the one I did not repost was sold, surely only 3 rods have been put up for sale?
Something just isn't right and it affects people who play by the rules.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then maybe you could explain just why the 1st post, deleted by yourself and point taken by me, still counted towards the 5 post rule?
2 of the the 3 rods on that post were reposted, so even assuming the one I did not repost was sold, surely only 3 rods have been put up for sale?
Something just isn't right and it affects people who play by the rules.

With respect read my post it explains.

You made a post against the rules as it had 4 rods in 1 post.Deleted it still counts as the system recognises it as a post in sales ,deleted or not.

You then posted 3 rods after that .That made 4.

THEN you made another sale of a rod on the 4th of December.That made 5 posts whichis the allowed amount in ANY 30 DAY period.

As your first post(deleted) was made on the 7th Nov <the system will not allow another post till after that date ,30 day period.

You said you didn't break the rules in your post,Im afraid YOU DID.Hence the deletion.1 item per post unless sold as a job lot,thats the rules You had 4 items in 1 post.

I hope that explains it all.

Wee Porters

Reaction score

You made a post against the rules as it had 4 rods in 1 post.Deleted it still counts as the system recognises it as a post in sales ,deleted or not.

THEN you made another sale of a rod on the 4th of December.That made 5 posts whichis the allowed amount in ANY 30 DAY period.

As your first post(deleted) was made on the 7th Nov <the system will not allow another post till after that date ,30 day period.

You said you didn't break the rules in your post,Im afraid YOU DID.Hence the deletion.1 item per post unless sold as a job lot,thats the rules You had 4 items in 1 post.

First up sorry to read about your health issues, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back to classifieds, note you have been busy deleting threads in that section today because of the rules, yet there still remains a post selling two rods.:noidea:

Don't see why the rules in the classifieds were changed anyway, what's wrong with putting everything you're selling in the one thread?

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Don't see why the rules in the classifieds were changed anyway, what's wrong with putting everything you're selling in the one thread?

This one just goes round and round the houses.....

Basically the forum owners exhibit severe nerves about anything that may constitute some form of ‘online business’ freeloading on the classifieds, when the trade members have to pay for the privilege. Implication being said trade members may flee taking their trade elsewhere.

Still to fathom out how to make myself rich selling obsolete rods , lines and random collections of feathers mind you .........

Ultimately the forum isn’t a charity so I guess the owners get to make the rules.

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Its hard to even find sales posts at the moment due to the ammount of sffebay posts clogging up the post list, 90 percent of those are utter rubbish so end up re posting every time they are re listed because they dont sell.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score

Myriad.I sent you a pm a few weeks ago with no reply.I am only trying to sell one Rod and I can't even access my ad as the system says "you are not allowed etc"Not aware that I have contravened any rules.Please explain why?Richard.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Myriad.I sent you a pm a few weeks ago with no reply.I am only trying to sell one Rod and I can't even access my ad as the system says "you are not allowed etc"Not aware that I have contravened any rules.Please explain why?Richard.

Rather than becoming a parrot and repeating why you were not answered which is in above posts.
As to your other question

Sage Graphite 4
Started by richard griffith, 12-11-2018 02:23 PM

Replies: 0
Views: 270
Last Post: 12-11-2018 02:23 PM
by richard griffith
Forum:
Classified Sales (MEMBERS)

Sage Graphite 4 four piece 15ft1 in
Started by richard griffith, 25-10-2018 06:08 PM

Views: 334
Last Post: 25-10-2018 06:08 PM
by richard griffith
Forum:

Sage Graphite 3 4 piece rod
Started by richard griffith, 21-10-2018 01:20 PM

Views: 283
Last Post: 21-10-2018 01:20 PM
by richard griffith
Forum:

Sage Graphite 3
Started by richard griffith, 08-10-2018 01:45 PM

Manage
Thread deleted by myriad
Reason wrong section
Forum:
General Board

McKenzie DTX
Started by richard griffith, 08-10-2018 01:38 PM

Manage
Thread deleted by myriad
Reason wrong section

5 posts selling rod or rods as they are different and in wrong sections,totally against rules.

You say only one rod?Below your rods for sale,

1 sage 4
15ft 1in

2 sage 3 15ft

3 McKenzie DTX

Also did you have the 100 posts when posting as that would lock you out also.worth a check.I note 101 posts now and taking into account your posts on this thread and others without checking,Id say you were below the 100 posts required????

Next moan please as its Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.