Yorkshire Day 1st August

Tyke777

Reaction score
Wishing all fellow Yorkies a Happy Yorkshire Day, have a good one ? (y)
Yorkshire flag.jpg

Tyke777

Reaction score
Hi Salarchaser,
https://www.yorkshire.com/inspiration/features/yorkshire-day it varies from region to region, I remember one year we had a large party away chasing Grilse in the western isles, I had a word with the GM of the Hotel - that night it was all set up when we arrived in the restaurant for the evening meal.
That manager was a good sort and up for a laugh - 11 of us (4 Yorkies, the rest from Scotland and from other parts of England) We had the Yorkshire puddings piped in being led by crossed Yorkshire Bitter Beer Bottles (apologies to Burns Night) and a pal recited a short poem as a tribute to the Pud.
A great night was had by All - it is exactly what you make it.
Have a good one!! (y)

salarchaser

Reaction score
Hi Salarchaser,
https://www.yorkshire.com/inspiration/features/yorkshire-day it varies from region to region, I remember one year we had a large party away chasing Grilse in the western isles, I had a word with the GM of the Hotel - that night it was all set up when we arrived in the restaurant for the evening meal.
That manager was a good sort and up for a laugh - 11 of us (4 Yorkies, the rest from Scotland and from other parts of England) We had the Yorkshire puddings piped in being led by crossed Yorkshire Bitter Beer Bottles (apologies to Burns Night) and a pal recited a short poem as a tribute to the Pud.
A great night was had by All - it is exactly what you make it.
Have a good one!! (y)
St Davids Day is quite a big thing in wales. Organised singing, schools put on performances, usually they get a half day as well.
I usually wear a leek, even though I live in england.
Its important to stay close to your roots, without being extreme.
Do you have anything lined up for today?

Tyke777

Reaction score
The only thing lined up for today as you put it, just going to pitch the tent for my Grandson (9) and his pal (10) having a bbq and a "sleep over" on the back lawn.
I will escape for a couple of pints of Timothy Taylors Landlord later, a mighty fine brew!!
They have promised to cook me a bacon, egg and black pudding breakfast in the morning, I guarantee it will be very interesting indeed :giggle:.

salarchaser

Reaction score
The only thing lined up for today as you put it, just going to pitch the tent for my Grandson (9) and his pal (10) having a bbq and a "sleep over" on the back lawn.
I will escape for a couple of pints of Timothy Taylors Landlord later, a mighty fine brew!!
They have promised to cook me a bacon, egg and black pudding breakfast in the morning, I guarantee it will be very interesting indeed :giggle:.
Ha, just polished off bacon, mushrooms, beans and black pudding. I like my black pudding.
Isnt it more a Lancashire thing though.?
Quite partial to Landlord as well.
Last night was a couple bottles of Reverend James. Cant beat a pint of Brains.;)