Yeti

JoeE

Reaction score
So who spent some dosh on some Yeti coolers? Any feedback. Seeing them more and more in the UK for sale but little actually out and about.

Last edited:

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one of them albeit a small one.

I bought it during winter to carry on the snowmachine, it is super light when empty and thus far has done a great job through the summer on the rivers here.

GeeBee

Reaction score
Very popular in the States. Supposed to be almost bullet proof construction wise and often survive hurricanes.

As a cheapskate, i always have gone for their cheaper competitors - coleman.

I have the large and small wheeled ones. The large one will keep food frozen for about 36 hours, the smaller one about 24.

Yetis allegedly will keep food frozen for five days.

cuda

Reaction score
They are good (I have used in Florida but not owned). Too expensive for my use though. I’ve just bought an igloo marine cooler - keeps ice for 5 days too - i haven’t tested that as don5 have enough ice to fill it but on test it stayed fridge temp for 4 days and kept everything ice cold all day on Saturday out in the blazing sun. It was £55 delivered along with a smaller igloo cooler from Costco. same marine cooler is £100 on amazon

Hoddom

Reaction score
I once took a 14 lber off the Helmsdale on the Monday. It went in the freezer until Sunday morning.

I then shoved it down the leg of my neoprene's in the car boot and drove back to Devon in around 14 hours. Apart from the tail fin it was still frozen solid.

I learnt that cheap Shakespeare waders were just as good as the expensive Simms ones.

Whether his helps in terms of expensive Yeti's? I'm not sure.