XS-P Torridge 12' #6/7

beanieboy

Reaction score
Just bought the above on ebay...anyone used this rod?....what lines did you find suited it?

longchuck

Reaction score
Have had a few of these xsp rods in different sizes bud..superb rods,the tor ridge will feel a bit underlined with a 6/7 line,loves a 7/8 afs.with 5ft tip.I also found the blanks to be pretty fast.
Superb blanks but the cork is not that great

Last edited:

MikeCC

Reaction score
Would agree with everything Tam Says. XSP blanks are great, wee bit heavier than some more modern rods but the Xsp has been around a few seasons now. Cork quality is a bit hit and miss, I think the later ones are better. I think the 12ft Torridge is a favourite other side of the pond, google will throw up plenty line preferences for it. From memory, I think an old Windcutter 7/8/9 is a great match. I have a 15ft and its my rod of choice before many more expensive 15 footers. It quite literally will cast them all out the park. Every time I buy a new 15 i cast it for a day put it back in its bag and get the XSP out again, it really is a superb blank, doesnt feel too dissimilar to an Lpxe.

beanieboy

Reaction score
Thanks chaps. I've owned XS-P's in 14' and 15' and thought them excellent. The cork handles were a problem as they taper down to almost nothing towards the blank. I note this one has a composite end, so that should help a bit. I've no doubt it will handle heads of around 26g...I will try it with a Wulff Ambush of that weight for starters and see how it goes.

rodbender

Reaction score
They are nice rods, i caught my first salmon on a 13 footer i got from lonchuck, another rod i should have kept :D