Wye 2021

rightangle

Reaction score
A warning to us all. Well known Hereford angler Ken Powell has had a terrible accident while out fishing. He fell down a steep bank, banged his head on the rocks below and fell into the river. He was on his own but, purely by chance, was seen by a passer by on a bridge who called the air ambulance. Ken was unconscious in the water for a while and is lucky to have survived. He has a fractured skull and numerous other injuries which needed multiple stitching and could possibly need plastic surgery to restore facial damage although it appears now that it hopefully may not be needed. I have just talked to him and he is remarkably upbeat.

Just a split second and that could have been it. Take care everyone.

Richardgw

Reaction score
A warning to us all. Well known Hereford angler Ken Powell has had a terrible accident while out fishing. He fell down a steep bank, banged his head on the rocks below and fell into the river. He was on his own but, purely by chance, was seen by a passer by on a bridge who called the air ambulance. Ken was unconscious in the water for a while and is lucky to have survived. He has a fractured skull and numerous other injuries which needed multiple stitching and could possibly need plastic surgery to restore facial damage although it appears now that it hopefully may not be needed. I have just talked to him and he is remarkably upbeat.

Best wishes to Ken for a speedy recovery. The Wye needs the passion and experience of anglers like Ken and I hope to see him on the banks in years to come.

Reaction score

I remember Kenny well from Bigsweir, and hope he makes a speedy recovery

fixedspool

Reaction score
Best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery for Kenny. Hope to see him on the river next season. As someone said it could happen to any of us and not just the old guys either.