Wow....11 years ago today!

westie4566

Reaction score
Facepuke reminded me that it's 11 years today since I caught this fish. I still remember every moment of the scrap on my 11' single hander.

It's known amongst us lot as the 'Prosen Monster', caught in the wee up glen trib of the South Esk many miles from the sea.

Freshest fish I ever got up there in Oct. Weighed at 16lb 2 oz.
Prosen.jpg

SnapT14

Reaction score
Seen that pic before somewhere.....

I remember......

Last month in the hut at Kirriemuir AA.....

Hell of a fish that Andy!:)

ibm59

Reaction score
Facepuke reminded me that it's 11 years today since I caught this fish. I still remember every moment of the scrap on my 11' single hander.

It's known amongst us lot as the 'Prosen Monster', caught in the wee up glen trib of the South Esk many miles from the sea.

Freshest fish I ever got up there in Oct. Weighed at 16lb 2 oz.
View attachment 39872

Was up in that neck of the woods yesterday , Andy.

Spied twa auld kippers strolling the banks , and one or two splashing about in the river 😉😁

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
That's a braw looking fish andy :thumb: you've no aged one bit in that time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :pound: :pound:

westie4566

Reaction score
I think that puckle oh auld kippers are well past needing chapped, Brian:lol:

Ony joy fishwise?

westie4566

Reaction score
Time and tide has taken it's toll, Arnold. Thought I was an old barsteward back then.....now I know I am:lol::lol::thumb:

Niamh and Maggie still love me though..........thank the Lord:lol:

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Time and tide has taken it's toll, Arnold. Thought I was an old barsteward back then.....now I know I am:lol::lol::thumb:

Niamh and Maggie still love me though..........thank the Lord:lol:
Ah you don't look to bad for a 67yr old :lol: and ye still had the lucky hat

ibm59

Reaction score
I think that puckle oh auld kippers are well past needing chapped, Brian:lol:

Ony joy fishwise?
Neither Fish Magnet Cook nor Kenny’s New Stick could come up with the goods , Andy.
Winter showed it’s hand early yesterday.

westie4566

Reaction score
Neither Fish Magnet Cook nor Kenny’s New Stick could come up with the goods , Andy.
Winter showed it’s hand early yesterday.
That makes me feel a lot better Brian. At least I had had one in play and only lost it cos I decided to net it rather than just walk back and slide it up the bank.....I'm a prat!! Only saw twa fish down below you. One was a big old black hen fish in Noran Mouth. The other was a bar of silver that must have run up out of the Careston Runs and came out of the water in the very, very tail of Balglassie. Would have been around 7/8lb but was spanking fresh.

heather point

Reaction score
That makes me feel a lot better Brian. At least I had had one in play and only lost it cos I decided to net it rather than just walk back and slide it up the bank.....I'm a prat!! Only saw twa fish down below you. One was a big old black hen fish in Noran Mouth. The other was a bar of silver that must have run up out of the Careston Runs and came out of the water in the very, very tail of Balglassie. Would have been around 7/8lb but was spanking fresh.
I used to fish Careston when Fraser Heron did the letting for it.
Gave it up about 15 years ago when the price went up and the numbers went down.
Nice fly water, for a long time it was the only place where I managed 6 on the fly in one day.