Wimbleball yesterday

billy fish

Reaction score
Wimbleball , up on Exmoor is stocked with fantastic fish . I managed to catch a few yesterday on floating line with a couple of daiwl bach’s . Four fish for 21 pounds. Best went six and a quarter.

AA46F291-8F1C-4B7D-BF73-55832D1274DD.jpeg

D9F5FDEF-2300-44EA-B85A-248798ABF78A.jpeg
I was down to the backing a number of times .

Bullet

Reaction score
Good to see the floating line is still working.
I had some great sport up there in June on the beetles, a real plus for me is there are plenty of really nice wild browns in there as well.

billy fish

Reaction score
Mark has really done a fantastic job there.
Yes Andrew , he has really turned it around . I have to say it’s not always easy ,which is good,but when you find a fish or two they are good hard fighting fish . I used to use 6lb tippet but you have to use at least 8 lb up there .
Had the bonus yesterday of seeing the kingfisher . Not so usual on a big lake like Wimbleball.

billy fish

Reaction score
Good to see the floating line is still working.
I had some great sport up there in June on the beetles, a real plus for me is there are plenty of really nice wild browns in there as well.
The dry fly fishing can be fantastic,especially with the good head of wild brown trout in there .

Loxie

Reaction score
Yes Andrew , he has really turned it around . I have to say it’s not always easy ,which is good,but when you find a fish or two they are good hard fighting fish . I used to use 6lb tippet but you have to use at least 8 lb up there .
Had the bonus yesterday of seeing the kingfisher . Not so usual on a big lake like Wimbleball.
Mark's a very keen angler himself and that does make a big difference compared to previous regimes. He also grows a really good trout: definitely in the top 2 producers!