Why so few 12ft rods on the market

Clive

Reaction score
Try a Burkheimer 12'1" #8 5 piece , you will NEVER sell that Rod :)

Attachments

• IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 554
  • IMG_4531.JPG
    IMG_4531.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 565

Finnjoki

Reaction score
I got sorted with a 12ft #7 greys xf2 s series shooting head rod and its great. The line weight range is the same as most #8 rods so suits my needs. The rage compact shooting heads are great on this rod.

bankwheel

Reaction score
Glad you are getting on well with the rod, I still have the 9 weight if anyone wants it

TowySewin

Reaction score
I can highly recommend the Vision Nite Catapult 12’ 2”.

Finding one will probably be like trying to find hens teeth, but what a rod!

On spate rivers and bigger rivers in low conditions, it will handle Rio Short Bodies of #8 or #9 with ease and I regularly use 10ft T11 tips and even some of my own T14 tips in very fast narrow channels.

If you have one for sale, let me know,(please private message me) as, if I have an accident with mine, I would want another straight away. So, a spare would be very handy indeed.

Rockpool

Reaction score
Loop Cross S1 12’ #7 with 30g Gaelforce Switch line. It’s just got a bit more than a switch rod but still fishes well at close range on small rivers.

Greegs

Reaction score
Loop Cross S1 12’ #7 with 30g Gaelforce Switch line. It’s just got a bit more than a switch rod but still fishes well at close range on small rivers.

I bought a 12’2” 7w Cross RJC from Geoff on here to replace my old Greyline 12’ 8w & the Cross flings a heavier line than the 8w.
I’m at 31g LTS short head & it absolutely flies out.

Still love my Greyline & wouldn’t part with it but the Cross was bought more for travelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
I also have that rod Brian. I was out on the Deveron with it yesterday. I was using a rio 3D scandi head at 33.8g 520 grains. I would say that it would easily cope with a heavier line. But 32 to 34g is what I would be using for my taste. It's a little cannon. I would probably rate it 8/9 Most impressed.
FCH

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
Just noticed on your photos Arnold that your rod is the 7122. I have that rod but also have the 8122 which is a different rod altogether and that's the one I was referring to using 34g on.
FCH

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Just noticed on your photos Arnold that your rod is the 7122. I have that rod but also have the 8122 which is a different rod altogether and that's the one I was referring to using 34g on.
FCH
I got mixed up sir 😂. I use gaelforce short spey 30g and a gaelforce multi tip in 32g both lines absolutely fly out wae the wee rod , not just a casting tool I also find it's fantastic whilst playing fish

Igaffz

Reaction score
There’s a 12’ 2’’ loop evocast 7# for sale in the classifieds, fantastic rods, I have two myself now in 13 and 14 foot, absolute weapons!
The #7 will handle an #8 line no problem.

Neil W

Reaction score
I got mixed up sir 😂. I use gaelforce short spey 30g and a gaelforce multi tip in 32g both lines absolutely fly out wae the wee rod , not just a casting tool I also find it's fantastic whilst playing fish
I also have this rod and use the Rio Outbound Scandi 7/8 which is about30g I believe. It’s a great combination