Why is this racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchilton

Reaction score
It is racist firstly because it has been adopted by white supremists. Secondly, 'white' people have never been enslaved in modern history (North America); and do not live in a system which inherently has bias against them, statistically more likely to be killed by police, jailed, etc.
what do you call 'modern history' is that from before the Barbary coast pirates raided English and Irish coastal villages for slaves?

bassfly

Reaction score
I do find it incredibly hard these days to keep up with the correct terminology I should be using and hopefuly not offend anyone. Maybe its just me....I dunno. Slightly off topic but I heard the term pansexual used today....again. Having had zero previous interest in learning what it meant, I decided to finally google it. Everydays a schoolday I suppose. Everything needs a label it appears.
What is a transsexual was a question in our WhatsApp quiz night last Monday. Apparently there are at least 100 different classifications of people’s sexuality. I’m a heterosexual male “apparently “.

Last edited:

Andrew B

Reaction score
I do find it incredibly hard these days to keep up with the correct terminology I should be using and hopefuly not offend anyone. Maybe its just me....I dunno. Slightly off topic but I heard the term pansexual used today....again. Having had zero previous interest in learning what it meant, I decided to finally google it. Everydays a schoolday I suppose. Everything needs a label it appears.

It’s all very strange how everyone has to be so careful of upsetting a small percentage of folk who seem to go out of their way to want something to offend them?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
As am I, and a dying breed it would seem.
You're choosing to take the presence of other identities as a negation of yours though - that's a choice you've made. Someone being homosexual non-binary doesn't take a single thing away from you - you're perpetuating the culture war.

MikeCC

Reaction score
What is a transsexual was a question in out WhatsApp quiz night last Monday. Apparently there are at least 100 different classifications of people’s sexuality. I’m a heterosexual male “apparently “.

I dont think being a heterosexual male is hip and trendy anymore these days🤔

salarchaser

Reaction score
You're choosing to take the presence of other identities as a negation of yours though - that's a choice you've made. Someone being homosexual non-binary doesn't take a single thing away from you - you're perpetuating the culture war.
Im just trying to be me and let others be themselves.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Muslims don't fear dogs - they are considered dirty, and if they touch them they have to change clothes/wash before they pray, which is a FAFF. Or at least, that's what a muslim lady explained on a dog walk once. Makes sense.

Everything else - threads like this just deepen a culture war that's being manufactured. It's very depressing.
Hey we actually agree on something San😂.
Re Muslims I knew there was something about dogs? It does make sense as like my Grandma would say about dogs licking their bottoms and then lick our faces or a plate lol.
Nonetheless I was really pointing out that my dog a sheepdog, does pick up on feelings and in particular anything out of the ordinary.
Granted though it is very depressing and I’ve said how I feel re the public in general? It’s like there are powers on both sides of the spectrum that want to cause upset?

Tangled

Reaction score
Back in the olden days when we could do such things we hosted the neighbourhood street BBQ.

A black couple came that had just moved in and I asked them where they were from, meaning what house number.

They said Kenya. I still can't work out why I found that all really uncomfortable.

bassfly

Reaction score
I think you may be correct but my girlfriend thinks it’s is ok so I’m hip with that.
More on topic I googled BLM when it first came to my attention after the “murder” in the US. I didn’t like what I read about the organisation and was very surprised when it was adopted over here to protest and then to “take the knee” on the pretext that black lives matter. This statement I agree with along with white lives matter and all lives matter but the taking of the knee I don’t agree with and has put back racial harmony by years IMHO.

Maggy

Reaction score
Hey we actually agree on something San😂.
Re Muslims I knew there was something about dogs? It does make sense as like my Grandma would say about dogs licking their bottoms and then lick our faces or a plate lol.
Nonetheless I was really pointing out that my dog a sheepdog, does pick up on feelings and in particular anything out of the ordinary.
Granted though it is very depressing and I’ve said how I feel re the public in general? It’s like there are powers on both sides of the spectrum that want to cause upset?
Dogs lick their —— & others use hands since no toilets.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Im just trying to be me and let others be themselves.
You weren't though - I'm 'picking' on you because I don't think you'll turn psycho on me like others can, just to make the point that you're being as sensitive as the people you accuse of being sensitive, when you describe yourself as a 'dying breed'. You're prickling - like 'they' prickle. And Andrew B is spot on when he says it's manufactured. The government benefits from a divided nation, so they do things like protect statues, based on a heightened period of angst last year that we've forgotten about. They don't want us to forget.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Dont pick on me, I'm a delicate little flower.;)

I never used to prickle, but the more complicated / harder it feels it gets, the more I get niggled.
It's one of my traits. The harder you push, the slower I move.

As I said, I'm happy to live and let live, but I need to be allowed to do so.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Back in the olden days when we could do such things we hosted the neighbourhood street BBQ.

A black couple came that had just moved in and I asked them where they were from, meaning what house number.

They said Kenya. I still can't work out why I found that all really uncomfortable.

Lol my uncle has a funny story like that.
Think it was back in the seventies he had a pal from Antigua who was well into reggae. They were both having a drink in some country pub and the Bartender asked where he was from? And he replied Bolton in his thick Rasta accent lol

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Could you imagine if we started a white heterosexual movement? To celebrate being white and attracted to the opposite sex 😲
Wed be right up there with the KKK
Now as much as I couldn't care about your sexual preference and have good pals who are gay and think its great that its much easier these days for gays to come out.
I'm fed up of the huge rallies and festivals celebrating and promoting the LGBTQ or whatever it is these days movement.
Just the same as I'm fed up of the BLM movement.
Have no problem with and understand both but fed up getting them rammed down my throat.
Yeh just imagine our white heterosexual pride festival. Just celebrate being and to promote being white and heterosexual.
We would be treated like we'd raped their grannys.

Elibank

Reaction score
Sorry, didn’t understand a word of that.....

Bonito

Reaction score
I treat most the same unless they fancy getting on the wrong side of me. As to racist language, they can think what they like I doubt I`ve used so called racist language against anyone, don`t intend to but if somebody gets offended by something I say or do then tough on them, they can do one. Changing for nobody. I`d also be wary on these signs. A bit like the total garabage "this is a muslim area you cannot walk your dog" and the leafy flakes get all offended, freakin fools. Such signs are stuck up by white non muslims to cause racial tension and lo and behold the flakes are up in arms.

Maggy

Reaction score
Sorry, didn’t understand a word of that.....
I think he means other folk with different preferences to you do not diminish how you identify. I’m sure PC 49 will be along in a mo to correct me if I’m wrong.

MikeCC

Reaction score
I treat most the same unless they fancy getting on the wrong side of me. As to racist language, they can think what they like I doubt I`ve used so called racist language against anyone, don`t intend to but if somebody gets offended by something I say or do then tough on them, they can do one. Changing for nobody. I`d also be wary on these signs. A bit like the total garabage "this is a muslim area you cannot walk your dog" and the leafy flakes get all offended, freakin fools. Such signs are stuck up by white non muslims to cause racial tension and lo and behold the flakes are up in arms.

Its a bit like the SNP’s great masterplan to banish non Gaelic speakers from buying housing....

Bonito

Reaction score
Its a bit like the SNP’s great masterplan to banish non Gaelic speakers from buying housing....

Most things they do are dangerous and divisive these days. That comes from me, 40 plus year member, never again.

salarchaser

Reaction score

Need to get the First Miniature to buddy up with the Free Wales Army. ;)

Andrew B

Reaction score
Could you imagine if we started a white heterosexual movement? To celebrate being white and attracted to the opposite sex 😲
Wed be right up there with the KKK
Now as much as I couldn't care about your sexual preference and have good pals who are gay and think its great that its much easier these days for gays to come out.
I'm fed up of the huge rallies and festivals celebrating and promoting the LGBTQ or whatever it is these days movement.
Just the same as I'm fed up of the BLM movement.
Have no problem with and understand both but fed up getting them rammed down my throat.
Yeh just imagine our white heterosexual pride festival. Just celebrate being and to promote being white and heterosexual.
We would be treated like we'd raped their grannys.
Concentration I mean re-education camps for us all lol.
Whilst I jest about it, San is bang on about it being depressing?
Talk about Psychological operations lol. I have some neighbors whom I’ve known and gotten on with for years. I’d bob round and they’d start trying to tell me about Tommy Robinson and everything about him and it’s just made them bitter and hurtful people who don’t realise they’re being played? Didn’t have the heart to tell them that Tommy Robinson is purely fictional name and that his real name is super posh. That would alert me straight off the bat about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.