Who's Happy with Brexit Now ?

ibm59

Reaction score
D715B183-68A5-4A82-930D-BB0364F015FD.jpeg

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Did brexit remove their toilets then, I still have mine! Anyone else had their toilet removed by brexit?
I don't understand the question. They're not striking over Brexit. They're striking over working conditions, as per the role of unions, to promote workers rights. Though the new longer hours are as a result of Brexit.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Why isn’t Starmers new, new Labour with Blair pulling the strings taking the Tories to task, ? Is it that really they are all just pissing in the same pot ?
Oh I've no idea. He's too busy taking his own party to task. Whole thing's a mess. I don't think they're all p!ssing in the same pot - not all of them - but they're certainly not a functioning opposition.

salarchaser

Reaction score
There was not the slightest problem with fuel either.
If there wasnt the slightest problem with fuel, why did it take me a week to get any diesel in my part of chesire.
Nothing to do with MSM, just my own eyes reading signs outside petrol stations thst said 'no diesel'.
Couldnt use my wifes car for a week as it was nearly empty when the problem started.
But hey, why let actual experience get in the way of someones opinion.
I agree that panic buying caused the problem, but in some areas of the country it was a reality.

Bonito

Reaction score
If there wasnt the slightest problem with fuel, why did it take me a week to get any diesel in my part of chesire.
Nothing to do with MSM, just my own eyes reading signs outside petrol stations thst said 'no diesel'.
Couldnt use my wifes car for a week as it was nearly empty when the problem started.
I agree that panic buying caused the problem, but in some areas of the country it was a reality.

Get off your high horse, how would I know,or indeed care, what the fuel situation was in Cheshire? I`m outside Glasgow and if you read the post properly I was talking about up here not in general. MSM was totally to blame along with stupid drivers making it worse than it would ever have been. But hey, let your observation of one small area relate to the entire country.

My post No shortage of turkey up here and the shelves are stuffed with chicken cuts and whole chickens. There was not the slightest problem with fuel either

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Get off your high horse, how would I know,or indeed care, what the fuel situation was in Cheshire? I`m outside Glasgow and if you read the post properly I was talking about up here not in general. MSM was totally to blame along with stupid drivers making it worse than it would ever have been. But hey, let your observation of one small area relate to the entire country.

My post No shortage of turkey up here and the shelves are stuffed with chicken cuts and whole chickens. There was not the slightest problem with fuel either
So if there's no problem where you are, no one else should be a bit peeved? We have fuel aplenty now, and only a few gaps in the supermarket (most frustratingly, the ham I really like, and pasta and pesto - I guess we'll survive...), but the shelf lives are getting worse and the prices are going up. Not worried about Christmas dinner as I won't have a kitchen - we're walking to the pub...

Last edited:

ozzyian

Reaction score
The problem was that the fuel wasn't in the right place. Instead it was in the cars of panic buyers. It was in the cars of panic buyers because a vested interest ably assisted by our idiot media created a surge in demand (not a dearth of supply)

Just like the bog rolls and just like the asprins/bananas/toothpaste or whatever is next (as determined by the vested interests/media/panicky hard of thinking)

Bonito

Reaction score
So if there's no problem where you are, no one else should be a bit peeved? We have fuel aplenty now, and only a few gaps in the supermarket (most frustratingly, the ham I really like, and pasta and pesto - I guess we'll survive...), but the shelf lives are getting worse and the prices are going up. Not worried about Christmas dinner as I won't have a kitchen - we're walking to the pub...

You can be as peeved as you like, you have my permission. In fact have an entire weekend of peeving over not having pasta or the ham you like FFS. Think there may be worse things going on.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Don't you just love these Brexit threads 🙄😂. Same folk spouting the same sh it 🥴 plenty of fuel , plenty of food , live life be happy and go fishing 🎣 if some think they can do a better job get aff yer ass and go do something about it instead of spluttering crap all over a FISHING FOURM 🎣

mows

Reaction score
It amazes me how far fetching Brexit has been. Power cuts in China, american ports struggling to cope, french yellow vests still protesting after 2 years, Germany potentially having a toy shortage at Christmas, Poland not accepting eu law, Putin not able to produce enough gas.
Who would have thought one tiny little country could bring such adverse effects to the whole world.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Maybe saffy and ibm should emigrate as they seem so dissatisfied with everything this government does. The thought of any of the opposition doing better is laughable. If that were to happen then they would certainly have something to moan about.
Well you have a point in as much as even now in the U.K. imo we can still be very grateful for all of the good things we have from Government? After losing my grandma in care home this last year, the very fact that we could call upon and use the Care commission, which to my understanding is an independent body, brought in by the government on the back of care home malpractice is something I would give them praise for, rather than pick holes in?

My gripe around the time folk were clapping the NHS every week was only Bourne from the fact that I was seeing it done by neighbours who I’d always heard slagging it off and I personally knew a few who would live at the doctors and demand antibiotics for colds ect? Probably had no idea how in the USA they don’t have such an institution and I’m certain they had no concept of third world countries or Communist regimes.
Only today we had a phone call from an Italian guy who we befriended in Colne and yet went back to live in Rome. He was describing the mass protests and some of the violence and rioting going on, which as my family only watch the BBC had no idea about? Heck they don’t even report the mass gatherings in London but ultimately imo it rarely gets anything done and don’t get me started on insulate Britain lol.

Maybe I’m on a rant here and it’s going off topic but after once being rushed to hospital with pleurisy by an Ambulance and feeling somewhat bad as I’d previously seen a program about it costing about 500 bats for a call out and just being checked in? I remember four people that night checking in at A&E and then up and leaving after a few hours of waiting, which cost pure money.
It’s unfortunate that in a democratic society we still need to have what some deem extreme measures, but seriously I would rather have this, than the alternative as that really does scare me.

Reactions: SOS

Safranfoer

Reaction score
You can be as peeved as you like, you have my permission. In fact have an entire weekend of peeving over not having pasta or the ham you like FFS. Think there may be worse things going on.
Hence ‘I guess we’ll survive’. Sheesh.

salarchaser

Reaction score

Not on my high horse.
You've just proved the point.
You admit you don't know the fuel situation in cheshire but you're original post said there wasnt an issue.
Which is it?
Or dont the facts suit your agenda?
Cant have it both ways.
In my post I agreed panic buying was the problem but that doesnt seem to suit your agenda either.
Hey ho. Could be construed as an 'I'm alright jack' attitude.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Lol San, couldn’t help notice that Booths supermarket was full to the brim today😂 we only go in there to buy my parents Lapsang Souchong Tea from the Booths at Clitheroe (super middle class supermarket). I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone come out with a weeks shopping from there lol.
Makes me respect an old fellow we know, who has always tried to do his shopping up town from the local butchers, Green grocers ect and in the process supporting the town.
There has to be something to this as every year in Wales we see the same, now 90yr old guy on his push bike two mile ride into Criccieth to buy his stuff. I found his house to be so rudimentary and without gas and yet he probably has a fortune tucked away and right now, who could call someone like this mad lol.

My dear late grandma had an obsession for always having an emergency “Go Bag” with a blanket, dried food and bottled water. She had this bag based on how extreme some of these natural disasters and floods can be.
I realise it has nothing to do with bloody Brexit but even in her old age, she’d sussed out the way things were going and in her mind it was her trying to be independent and as prepared as she could be as get on this San? She told me she could remember the propaganda as a child in the War and in her opinion she thought that she could see similarities in the news and media re propaganda as there was then.

Last edited:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I love Booths. I always visited the one at MediaCity in Manchester when I was over there, though I think it closed this spring. They’ll not run out of foods at those prices.

Bonito

Reaction score
Not on my high horse.
You've just proved the point.
You admit you don't know the fuel situation in cheshire but you're original post said there wasnt an issue.
Which is it?
Or dont the facts suit your agenda?
Cant have it both ways.
In my post I agreed panic buying was the problem but that doesnt seem to suit your agenda either.
Hey ho. Could be construed as an 'I'm alright jack' attitude.

I said there was no fuel issue up here. Could not care less about your woes and if that is an I`m alright Jack attitude so be it. I have no agenda and if you think I have you are making it up.

carma2

Reaction score
Why isn’t Starmers new, new Labour with Blair pulling the strings taking the Tories to task, ? Is it that really they are all just pissing in the same pot ?
always have always will and noses in the same trough