Who is still Fishing ????

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I saw someone standing in the long pool below the motorway bridge on Wednesday, Carlisle angling association are totally irresponsible there waters should be closed.
Woah!

While looking out of the window at 70mph, you could have become distracted and crashed and then required treatment from our NHS. We should all be thinking of safety in these difficult times.

On.the bright side, you could have reasonably laid the blame for the accident squarely at the feet of J R f***ing Hartley in the Long Pool.

Last edited:

pol_angler

Reaction score
Its clearly quite obvious that the message still isn,t getting through, that said couldn,t the Administrators post a notice on the frontispiece clearly stating the current situation ? Other forums , Walkhighlands and UKC Climbing have messages clearly telling there visitors whats expecteded of them under the current lockdown.
Very good idea.

firefly

Reaction score
Last edited:

Mattytree

Reaction score
all these dog walker and people who suddenly need exercise when they have never exercised before need to stay at home. If dog owners don't have somewhere for there dog on their property they should never of had a dog.
I just think the shear irresponsibility of dog walkers in general should make it compulsory to take a test to see if your fit to actually look after an animal.. I’ve had two groups come through the farm in the last week, dogs off lead with out a care in the world, I had to go inside to contain my rage as I think at that point of starting to say something I would not of stopped and it would of escalated very quickly..lost numerous sheep to dogs over the years here.

Robb76

Reaction score
I saw someone standing in the long pool below the motorway bridge on Wednesday, Carlisle angling association are totally irresponsible there waters should be closed.
It's crazy but to be fair to the Carlisle Angling Association they have closed the waters which they posted on Facebook :thumb:

tealblue

Reaction score
Just announced that 260 more have died in the last 24 hours and they expect this to double in the next 3 days.There could be some cheap fishing tackle for sale on flee bay in the coming months.
STAY home STAY SAFE!!

OURTREV

Reaction score
I see Forth District Salmon Fishery Board Bailiffs have been out patrolling. Reports confirm 5 groups of anglers removed from Stirling Council water and reports of more elsewhere. Who the hell are these complete ignoramuses that are out flouting the lockdown??? Looks like its been dealt with by a verbal warning this time however should matters continue then legal action to be taken in terms of the coronavirus legislation or fisheries act.
Any permit holders should also have their permits removed for life....or bring back public floggings!
Nah go the whole hog, public hangings! :)

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
if I were to go on a bike now after so much years off one I would end up with a heart attack and use up resources like some of the balloons out on bikes again

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I see Forth District Salmon Fishery Board Bailiffs have been out patrolling. Reports confirm 5 groups of anglers removed from Stirling Council water and reports of more elsewhere. Who the hell are these complete ignoramuses that are out flouting the lockdown??? Looks like its been dealt with by a verbal warning this time however should matters continue then legal action to be taken in terms of the coronavirus legislation or fisheries act.
Any permit holders should also have their permits removed for life....or bring back public floggings!
I would agree with that mike👍🏻 anyone found to be fishing should have their permits removed from them :nod:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I spoke to my mate on Wednesday night he’s got 2 mile of bank at the pump house flats I said the river was shut and he said people had been on fishing everyday I told him to tell them to foxtrot oscar if he saw them again
Should have their tickets removed from them Russell :mad:

salarchaser

Reaction score
if I were to go on a bike now after so much years off one I would end up with a heart attack and use up resources like some of the balloons out on bikes again
Saw a rather large couple go past on bicycles yesterday.
No pedalling, they were electric bikes. Plenty of exercise going on there.:doh:

Strathcoe

Reaction score
Who's Fishing

A bit early for our wee river but as its just a wander 100m from my garden to a sea pool I feel its safe enough to cast a fly in self isolation. Not a day ticket water and little fished and remote enough. I accept I am lucky

keirstream

Reaction score
Nah go the whole hog, public hangings! :)
Well, to be fair, if the Government extend their emergency powers any further, and being it's the Forth we are talking about, The board could enlist the services of Stirling Town's own "Happy Hangman", Jock Rankine. He was the last hangman in Stirling and is still conducting tours of Stirling's darker and more grizzly quarters.:)

Happyhangman.jpg

Happyhangman2.jpg

Stirling Ghostwalk :: Jock Rankin

Last edited:

RUSH

Reaction score
Should have their tickets removed from them Russell :mad:
He said a couple of them are older guys (probably at risk) that have fished there for years ucapa have stated the river is shut so yip I’d go with taking there permits even for a couple of months to teach them a lesson

bassfly

Reaction score
Managed a walk from home yesterday out into the country lanes. More people out than I've ever seen before on this walk. Most people very considerate and giving plenty of space between each other apart from the joggers and especially the cyclists who seem to think that they have a given right to move everybody out of their way.
Selfish bar stewards.
Didn't bother today as couldn't be bother with the same. Static exercise machine got some stick this morning and I managed to get everybody out of the way.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Icelander05

Reaction score
Was out for trout yesterday. Splendid weather. Water gin clear but cold but managed a few brownies.
I sat in my car, drove to the river, did not see any soul there. Went back to the car, drove home and went straight into my house. I cannot see anything wrong with this. In general I am avoiding any direct contact. That's the key.
Icelander05

Andy Musgrove

Reaction score
Clear to me fishing the rivers and lochs is off until the restriction is lifted. I agree with previous posts that anyone ignoring this will fuel the antis so we will all be worse off

Stu101

Reaction score
Managed a walk from home yesterday out into the country lanes. More people out than I've ever seen before on this walk. Most people very considerate and giving plenty of space between each other apart from the joggers and especially the cyclists who seem to think that they have a given right to move everybody out of their way.
Selfish bar stewards.
Didn't bother today as couldn't be bother with the same. Static exercise machine got some stick this morning and I managed to get everybody out of the way.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
I've run the same section of the canal in Edinburgh, around about the same time each day for the last 7 years. Its now absolutely swamped. Have now taken to running at 7.30am to avoid this :lol:

The worst are the middle aged couples who insist on walk abreast across the canal path, holding hands. One couple on Friday taking up the majority of the path, causing a build up of spaced folk behind them. Seemed completley oblivious, until they someone behind them had a go. It's not hard to be considerate.

Rrrr

Reaction score
all these dog walker and people who suddenly need exercise when they have never exercised before need to stay at home. If dog owners don't have somewhere for there dog on their property they should never of had a dog.
You realise that dogs still need to be walked ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MikeCC

Reaction score
Was out for trout yesterday. Splendid weather. Water gin clear but cold but managed a few brownies.
I sat in my car, drove to the river, did not see any soul there. Went back to the car, drove home and went straight into my house. I cannot see anything wrong with this. In general I am avoiding any direct contact. That's the key.
Icelander05
And if you’d had an accident in your car you’d presumably expect the police and other emergency services come to assist? Or you’d bumped into someone else or worse still youd had a serious accident and end up needing emergency treatment in hospital?? Fishing is now against the law. Hope you get prosecuted next time you drive out unecessarily in your car.