Who is going to the pub tomorrow ?

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Pubs and restaurants opening in England tomorrow.

Anyone going out to eat or drink ?

I am probably going to give it a little while yet ....

budge

Reaction score
Pubs and restaurants opening in England tomorrow.

Anyone going out to eat or drink ?

I am probably going to give it a little while yet ....
I'm the same as much as I love a good pub and a curry afterwards I think I will leave it a while to see what happens. The media will be salivating at the prospect of things going bonkers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings. I want to support pubs and restaurants (and all businesses really) but want to see how case numbers go over the next few weeks.

unclealec

Reaction score
I will be biding my time. My life to date has revolved around my local, and my love of cask beer, but I am not convinced of the safety factor being up to speed.
TBH I won't feel safe enough to resume my former life until there is a treatment or a vaccine, or both.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
The Northern Ireland hospitality sector wouldn't need to be depending on my pre-lockdown contributions to their industry for survival.

I put more money into the Isle of Man pub industry in three days last year than I've put into the NI hospitality sector in three years! ?

budge

Reaction score
The Northern Ireland hospitality sector wouldn't need to be depending on my pre-lockdown contributions to their industry for survival.

I put more money into the Isle of Man pub industry in three days last year than I've put into the NI hospitality sector in three years!
Wish you would stop reminding me what I missed I could murder a few Okells

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Wish you would stop reminding me what I missed I could murder a few Okells

I read that a few pubs on the island ran out of Okells on the first night of opening.

Many seem to have been in the same notion as yourself. ?

carrowmore

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safranfoer

Reaction score
One of our locals posted their guidelines to keep us safe on Facebook. In this door, out that door. Photo ID must be presented, and mobile number left. They will check the number is valid while you're there. No standing up unless you're using the facilities. No approaching the bar. No mingling of tables. Tables can't be booked and will be allocated for an hour during busy times. Only one person in the loo at any time. You must pay via an app, and if you sit outside, you must order via it too. There will be a queue outside but they'll only let it get so long and people will be asked to come back later.

They worded it really well, but there's no hiding it. First comment on their post was, it sounds more fun in North Korea.

It's a crying shame as the pubs need the money and we're losing them so fast, but it does not sound fun,

MikeCC

Reaction score
I think you have to differentiate between what the rules actually say and what will actually happen in reality. You need look no further than the local supermarket to see how ‘rules’ have been implemented....and ‘followed’...?

I just got back from overseas, where the local bar had all sorts of policy on display. I couldnt really differentiate however between a scene from an average Saturday evening.

Last edited:

budge

Reaction score
If the pubs follow on from everything else during lock down - people who've spent years sat at home doing sod-all suddenly becoming cyclists, joggers, fell walkers, anglers etc etc then they will be rammed full of folk sipping halves of shandy

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
1 thing this whole escapade has shown me is how little I actually go to the pub these days.... I like a drink, dont we all, but the whole queuing 3 or 4 deep at the bar or bogs and often shuffling round in a circle just to stay in the one spot in a crowded Bar really did my head in.. a good meal and home by 11pm is about the height of our social jaunts these days... I'm not booking a meal out any time soon though

Those guidelines Saffy actually make it sound appealing now??. apart from the 6am opening and asking a nation of binge drinkers to be sensible that is but it just about sums up this current government.

salarchaser

Reaction score
No thanks. I go out for a meal or beer to enjoy myself. Doesnt sound much enjoyment with all the restrictions.
Will keep an eye on a couple country pubs I frequent and may pop in if things look quiet but certainly wont be booking a slot.
Not that desperate.

Rrrr

Reaction score
If the pubs follow on from everything else during lock down - people who've spent years sat at home doing sod-all suddenly becoming cyclists, joggers, fell walkers, anglers etc etc then they will be rammed full of folk sipping halves of shandy

And they are always the ones who seem to get mouthy and cause trouble.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Drove past a little green this evening, 2 bars border it, it was rammed, no social distancing what so ever, people emerging with pints etc, a sign of things to come, I do not miss going to the pub, and will not rush back, same as eating out, not high on my must do list.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
Each to their own but not for me rushing to buy a pint in these troubled times.
I was never one for pubs due to the amount of trouble one sees, or the fact the heartache it can cause at the home.
I can enjoy a drink in the house as I’ve done during these past few months.
But the main reason I won’t go is, while I have kept away from busy places as best I can during this virus lockdown I don’t want to walk into a busy pub and catch it in there.
Good luck for those desperate enough to risk a life changing virus, for the sake of a few pints !!

Niccancatch

Reaction score
Each to their own but not for me rushing to buy a pint in these troubled times.
I was never one for pubs due to the amount of trouble one sees, or the fact the heartache it can cause at the home.
I can enjoy a drink in the house as I’ve done during these past few months.
But the main reason I won’t go is, while I have kept away from busy places as best I can during this virus lockdown I don’t want to walk into a busy pub and catch it in there.
Good luck for those desperate enough to risk a life changing virus, for the sake of a few pints !!
Absolutely bang on there Kenny, glass of vino in the house with my wife is more than enough for me.
Watch this space Sunday with the media?

doubletaper

Reaction score
While like you Budge you can't beat a days fishing and a couple of cask beers and a Madras later to finish the perfect day off! I think I'll feel a little safer when we see what happens with the easing of restrictions across the hospitality sector after a month or so. Hope there's some more fish to come after these last couple of good flushes on the Ribble.....:rolleyes: