Who is fishing the #fishdee24 next week?

iainmortimer

Reaction score
I got my final e-mail this evening eiht kit lost and schedule which suddenly makes it feel like tomorrow! Was just wondering who else might be there as it would be nice to put some faces to names.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
I won’t be there but hope you enjoy it. When do you find out where you are fishing? River seems to be picking away and they often get a good run of ST in June too! Should be fun.
It’s fished from 10.30 on Friday 25th until the same time Saturday night. We get the best rotation during a pre-event briefing but already have the various beats in question as they are listed on the info page. They could change depending on water heights but it seems fairly steady.

I’m travelling up to arrive Wednesday though for an extra days fishing on the 24th - venue yet to be decided. Seems rude not to give the long drive I have!

Nath

Reaction score
Yup I am fishing, looking forward to it and we might just hit it cock on. Sea trout and grilse have arrived

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
Upper Dee is in with a shout as the higher beats are picking away. There are not a lot of fish about but we had 5 last week all brand spanking new. There are so few residents lower down the new ones are just bombing straight up river. We were seeing fresh fish running every day. You just had to be in the water when they were there. A river fills up from the top down as the old ghillies used to say.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Not fishing it but doing the final stint as a helper on Middle Drum on Saturday.

I'll maybe see some of you guys there.
We’ve just got the best rotations and I’m on M.Drum from 12.30 to 3.30 Saturday afternoon so might see you depending on when your ‘shift’ starts.

wilbert

Reaction score
Not fishing it but doing the final stint as a helper on Middle Drum on Saturday.

I'll maybe see some of you guys there.
I'll see you there as that's my final beat for the event. Not fished there before and always look forward to seeing a new piece of water for the first time plus I'll get to put a face to another forum member.

westie4566

Reaction score
I'll see you there as that's my final beat for the event. Not fished there before and always look forward to seeing a new piece of water for the first time plus I'll get to put a face to another forum member.
I'll look forward to that.

MD has the longest holding pool on the Dee so I'm sure there'll be a few lurking in the depths

Andrew B

Reaction score
Upper Dee is in with a shout as the higher beats are picking away. There are not a lot of fish about but we had 5 last week all brand spanking new. There are so few residents lower down the new ones are just bombing straight up river. We were seeing fresh fish running every day. You just had to be in the water when they were there. A river fills up from the top down as the old ghillies used to say.
Never a truer word spoken re filling up from the top down. I can only presume the river must be in fine fettle re water then as the rivers in North of England are on their bones?

Andrew B

Reaction score
So having just googled in the fish Dee 24 I have to say I’m mildly jealous of you all. What a great scheme.