Which wading jacket ?

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I'm delighted that you had a good experience with Nomad, which suggests that they have improved their customer service.

As I said before, I liked the look of their jackets (which had been recommended by others) and was keen to support a small UK business. What I experienced was completely unacceptable and left me frustrated and angry. Philip had and may still have my email and telephone number. But despite my protestations and complaint, at no time did I receive any shred of an apology or follow up. Nor has the company ever reacted to my blog post or to what I've said on this Forum.

In particular:

- Having placed an order and paid £200, when I followed up I was asked to send a reminder! That was probably the most extraordinary request I've ever had from a retailer.
- Throughout I was treated as if my order was a complete nuisance. Whatever Philip was doing was far more important than a customer.
- Finally, when I cancelled the order as it was obvious that they were incapable of fulfilment, I was told the refund would be in my bank in 24 hours. In the event it took 10 days.

If you run a customer facing business in the modern world you should do so in the full awareness that any failure in service will become public. I am not by nature a vindictive or unpleasant person, but sometimes a sharp kick has a beneficial effect on a company's customer service standards.

Gosling

Reaction score
I have a few, the musto FPX lasted 15+ years, but I recently bought a Craghoppers Caleb Goretex jacket for £50 , it is really light and pack-able, back up in price again but craghoppers do great sales, I wear an Airflo auto inflate waistcoat over the top so ideal combination. Recently bought a Climb 8 jacket, which are on ebay for £35. my mate has one for years seem to be good enough.

Loyalist84

Reaction score
I picked up the last-generation Patagucci SST for last year's season and it did its job admirably. Hard to get the wrists to cinch down watertight, though.

JACK POWER

Reaction score
Nomad. I've had one of these for a few years now and also wear it in the boat on the Corrib or Mask where it gets a test of a different order. Highly recomended. It's just £200

G

GEK79

I have 3 wadeing jackets, a G3 which I bought this year I only use it when its really bad or fishing on a posh beat,it's a outer shell garment like armour plate, and not very comfortable, a Greys GRXi which leaks like an old tent this is a dry day jacket , and a Diawa I bought for £45 new, 8 years ago ,its still going strong, no leaks and great design,very comfortable like a second skin , so good I'm going to get another ,I think they are about £75 now.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
May I ask which Daiwa please..

Hardie82

Reaction score
I bought a Snowbee Geo wading jacket from Uttings and it’s an excellent jacket for the money. I paid about £110.

Nath

Reaction score
I have had over the years a Simms G3 and most recently a G4. They where very good.

I have decided to change it up and went for Loop Torne this time. First impression are very good I must say. Some things better than the Simms ie fit, hood and quality. Although I think the cuffs might not be as good and there is no back pocket. The Loop jacket looks better IMO, if that matters to you....

I will see how it performs this season, I fish in all weather and I rarely have my wading jacket off all year TBH so it needs to be a one I can rely on.

Not sure if anyone else has this jacket and has tested it yet?

colliedog01

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Simms g4 pro , and I absolutely love it. Worn it over the past season now and it is perfect, pockets are in all the right places aswell and I love the drycuffs

Ratman

Reaction score
I've had a short berghaus jacket for years think it was 60quid in a sale, far more waterproof than many of the others I've had costing 4 times as much. I wear walking brands for all my shooting and beating as well, better quality at cheaper prices.

Boyd602

Reaction score
Nomad made some excellent plus 4s for stalking, ideally suited to the damp and cold encountered up here. I’ll be crawling through some dank peat hags in mine this week.