Where on the Deveron?

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a couple of weeks off at the end of May as part of my annual Springer-a-thon and since the Dee is still a bit to expensive I fancy a chuck on the Deveron. So what I need to know is, where is good around the 20th of May?

I have checked the fishing the Deveron website and I can see what is available but what I need to know is where would you go?
Bridge of Manoch is available at a great price but it might be a bit early for the middle reaches, however tempting the prices.
Any advice will be greatfully accepted.
Thanks,

Euan

Paul White

Reaction score
Mountblairy? Lovely water, not sure of prices then, but give Turriff Tackle a call too

No doubt Eminem will see this thread and give you good advice.

Paul

D

Don CurlyHorny

Forglen is a lovely beat, and take your trout rod.

DCH

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Thanks so far.
I will talk to Frank at some point but I just wanted to hear from you guys that had actually fished the water.
Keep it coming!

Euan

Tippet321

Reaction score
Don't discount the middle river, Marnoch, Upper Netherdale and lower Netherdale all good, Forglen is also a fantastic beat - the first of the big seatrout will be arriving by then and will be in the system.

Oh and don't forget your trout rod!

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone again.
Forglen booked! That is the start of a week that will include the Southie, Garry, Oich, Beauly and the Ness. Throw in a day on Lintrathen for troot and it could be a great week.
Fingers crossed :cool:

Euan

Tippet321

Reaction score
Thanks everyone again.
Forglen booked! That is the start of a week that will include the Southie, Garry, Oich, Beauly and the Ness. Throw in a day on Lintrathen for troot and it could be a great week.
Fingers crossed :cool:

Euan

You will certainly see a bit of the country

Soundmixer

Reaction score
My mate and I used to go with a bunch of guys to Lochinver for a week every spring. We stayed in a great cottage at Drumbeg, right on Drumbeg loch but the driving to all the good waters in the area started to get stale.
So two years ago he suggested that we base ourselves at his house in Beauly and fish the waters round there. This year we are doing half the trip on the East coast and the other up North. We do another week towards the end of the year that includes the Alness and whatever else is going.
First time on the Deveron so I am really looking forward to it.

Euan