What's your favourite TV series of all time or what do you recommend ?

lefthandup

Reaction score
I'm no fan of the British programs either..I find them dull and boring and the cinema photography is as above.
However 'The Serpent' was everything but and I really enjoyed.

Big shout to 'Better call Saul' a spin off to 'Breaking Bad'...both excellent shows...love the setting.

Neil W

Reaction score
A lot of good series out there. Heres a few
Vikings, Black Sails, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, Queen of the South, Marcella, Mind Hunters, Shetland, American Gods to name a few.
before this lockdown chaos I used to fly somewhere every week and a good old box set helped with the boredom of travel.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Watched Edie last night. Sheila Hancock plays an elderly woman achieving her dream of going up Suilven. Some beautiful shots of the scenery and views up there as well as Lochinver, brought back memories.

Durham Ranger

Reaction score
The Pythons, Black Books. Blackadder

Earlier Scandi Noir - The Bridge The Killing - some good stuff on Walter Presents - Claire Foy, in anything

Callan, I Claudius, Wagon Train, Champion the Wonder Horse, Belle & Sebastian - back in the cot now.

lefthandup

Reaction score
So I'm half way through season 4 of Gomorrah and I have to say I'm going to be gutted when I'm finished.

What a rollercoaster of a series and it just seems to get better every episode...looking forward to watching la'imortalle after I'm through.

Hope season 5 is coming down the tracks soon....

keirstream

Reaction score
I was addicted to the X Files and Scully in particular.:love:
Blackadder was genius.
Only Fools and Horses and Father Ted for pure fun.
Chewing The Fat and Still Game were priceless.
SouthPark for sheer anarchic humour.
Fargo and Breaking Bad for a bit of black humour and white knuckle moments of intensity.:eek:
Wow!!! Nearly forgot Shameless. How could I?????:oops::oops:

bassfly

Reaction score
Monty Python on a Friday night at one mates or another after the pub. My mother never found it funny but then again she had no sense of humour.
House of Cards and all series of Game of Thrones.
Yes Minister and BlackAdder, The Young Ones, Fawlty and Columbo.

tcorfey

Reaction score
Older favorites:
Benny Hill
Faulty Towers
Cheers
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
Lots more..

More recently:
Penny Dreadful
Game of Thrones
Sopranos

When my wife's mother and sister moved in with us last year, I stopped watching the TV except for short periods.
Instead I am in my shed tying flys, on the computer and reading books.

Andrew B

Reaction score
I tell what I’ve gotten into on BBC 4 on a Saturday? Inspector Montlebano which is set in Sicily and whilst it’s in subtitles the acting is superb.
Game of Thrones was amazing when it came out, because it was much like the book and the actors like Mark Addy and Shaun Bean were particularly brilliant. I still don’t know how it ended as I purposefully missed the last series as I had pinned my hopes on the Winds of Winter coming out lol.
The books are great but you gotta say he’s a poor writer for not being able to tie the plot together and finish the damn saga.

Handel

Reaction score
Monty Python on a Friday night at one mates or another after the pub. My mother never found it funny but then again she had no sense of humour.
House of Cards and all series of Game of Thrones.
Yes Minister and BlackAdder, The Young Ones, Fawlty and Columbo.
We must be the same age. My mother never got Monty Python either. The films are all still brilliant as well.

bassfly

Reaction score
Just remembered a recent series of three.
Man Like Mobeen. Took a couple of episodes to get into it and then very funny.