What's your favourite TV series of all time or what do you recommend ?

lefthandup

Reaction score
Another good watch is 'The assassination of Gianni Versace ' ....the story behind the killer of the gay icon.

Rennie

Reaction score
When one is an intellectual like wot I is, it's hard to see past Mr, Edmonson's and the late Mr.Mayall's best, Bottom for me.I wet myself at the antics of those two, have for years and no doubt I always will.
Pedro.

speers

Reaction score
Paul Young,,,
I am looking for the film of paul catching a really good sized salmon, and the filming is done from above in a huge pool,, Its in very low water and the fish takes him around a island. The river looks like it could be the North esk.
However it is a great clip.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Watched the film Backcountry last night. Based (loosely) on a true story. Definitely not one to watch if you are planning on hiking, camping etc in wilderness areas of America and Canada ......

Heero

Reaction score
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

This is maybe my favorite show of all time. I find it difficult to binge watch. It can be mentally exhausting - not challenging, it is just laugh after laugh after cringe after laugh at the characters who are just so, so horrible that I am usually pretty fried after 3 episodes or so. Its a really good pick me up.

Trailer Park Boys can be like the above, too, but is much more light hearted with its comedy.

Other than that, I watch little TV. I find there is always something else I could be doing - tying flies, leatherwork, reading, language study, etc. Documentaries on the Youtube are good, as well, if I feel the need to stare at a glowing rectangle.

I really enjoyed Game of Thrones when it was on since I had read the books. It was just a shame they ended the show after season 6. It was a good ending, tho, with Dany finally sailing west.

Rome on HBO was a good one. Band of Brothers, too.

Missingfishing

Reaction score
Heartbeat is one of my favourites some great actors on it Bill Maynard and Derek Fowlds were superb in it along with alot of the cast.
Agree completely. In addition to some very fine actors I also enjoy the music, bikes and cars of the 60s. Takes me back. It is only recently that I realised that there were so many script writers involved over the years. Currently showing on ITV3.

Salarspeycaster

Reaction score
Narcos, The Prisoner, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks.The Return, The Sopranos, Tin Star, True Detective, Justified.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

This is maybe my favorite show of all time. I find it difficult to binge watch. It can be mentally exhausting - not challenging, it is just laugh after laugh after cringe after laugh at the characters who are just so, so horrible that I am usually pretty fried after 3 episodes or so. Its a really good pick me up.

Trailer Park Boys can be like the above, too, but is much more light hearted with its comedy.

Other than that, I watch little TV. I find there is always something else I could be doing - tying flies, leatherwork, reading, language study, etc. Documentaries on the Youtube are good, as well, if I feel the need to stare at a glowing rectangle.

I really enjoyed Game of Thrones when it was on since I had read the books. It was just a shame they ended the show after season 6. It was a good ending, tho, with Dany finally sailing west.

Rome on HBO was a good one. Band of Brothers, too.
Watched the whole series of Trailer Park boys whilst house sitting for someone for two weeks. I thought it was really cleverly done.

madcaster

Reaction score
I'm not really one for watching TV but I did stumble on what I now know as a long running series called Still Game,
For my daily entertainment I watch one everyday and I p1ss myself

MC

Attachments

• p0612szz.jpg
    p0612szz.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 13

Andrew B

Reaction score
Seinfeld for me and Curb you Enthusiasm was good n all, albeit not for family entertainment.
I find it so hard to sell Seinfeld to folk as ordinarily I don’t like American sitcoms but the humour and genius of Larry David and the cast was so good. Actually Larry Sanders weren’t bad either😂

Comedy aside I thought Gomorrah was good and I’m a fan of just about all of those Swedish jobs like Wallander, The Bridge ect.
Inspector Montelbano not bad either? Just not many British stuff I can think about of late that’s any good.