What's your favourite TV series of all time or what do you recommend ?

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
For giggles still game and only fools are right up there.

I do like programmes based on history, Band of Brothers is right up there, used to enjoy Sean bean as Sharpe back in the 90s. Unfortunately sharpe never gained a worldwide following due to the fact that no Americans died trying to save the world during the peninsula wars.

Fantasy tv such as game of thrones has a huge following but I never got into. I am more of an Outlander person.

bassfly

Reaction score
Can’t believe home many of you enjoyed or are watching ozark ... probably one of the most depressing shows I have watched ! Is it it’s tiny references to fishing? It was one of those shows I actually longed for something good to happen to any of those characters in it ..even the apparent bad guys n girls just to give it a break ....instead it just seemed a continuous nightmare for any one in it or lived there.
Sounds a bit like Eastenders, the doom and gloom show.

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
The Sopranos, easily the best box set ever made.
Other good ones...
Vikings
Game of Thrones
Prison break
The Tudors
This is us
Breaking bad
Narcos
El Chapo

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Can’t believe home many of you enjoyed or are watching ozark ... probably one of the most depressing shows I have watched ! Is it it’s tiny references to fishing? It was one of those shows I actually longed for something good to happen to any of those characters in it ..even the apparent bad guys n girls just to give it a break ....instead it just seemed a continuous nightmare for any one in it or lived there.
It did lose all suspense for me. A really bad thing happens; Marty mends it and in doing so triggers another, much worse, thing. But there’s no peril because you know he’ll get out of it. I do love it though. I love Ruth.

I binge watched The Walking Dead and that actually started to get me down. I do struggle with curling up with a cup of tea to watch other people’s abject misery and relentless Walking Dead did get MISERABLE. I’d far rather watch character-driven stuff than plot-driven stuff but there’s not as much good character-centric drama around. It drifts to soap opera. This Is Us is the best I’ve found. My husband likes it, it was recommended to me by my male business partner who absolutely loves Gomorrah.... maybe some of you might like it.

lefthandup

Reaction score
It did lose all suspense for me. A really bad thing happens; Marty mends it and in doing so triggers another, much worse, thing. But there’s no peril because you know he’ll get out of it. I do love it though. I love Ruth.

I binge watched The Walking Dead and that actually started to get me down. I do struggle with curling up with a cup of tea to watch other people’s abject misery and relentless Walking Dead did get MISERABLE. I’d far rather watch character-driven stuff than plot-driven stuff but there’s not as much good character-centric drama around. It drifts to soap opera. This Is Us is the best I’ve found. My husband likes it, it was recommended to me by my male business partner who absolutely loves Gomorrah.... maybe some of you might like it.
If you love characters as I do...look no further than Fargo especially the first two series.. marvelous dark humour.

Hoddom

Reaction score
Poo
forgot the brill ‘our friends in the North’

normal people

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Done Gommora and a few others, the best by a long way is The Fall, Tin Star is also very good, Strike Back is another, oh and Fat Tony & Co is a blast as well.

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
Done Gommora and a few others, the best by a long way is The Fall, Tin Star is also very good, Strike Back is another, oh and Fat Tony & Co is a blast as well.
Yes forgot about Tin star. The misus really liked the fall, didn't do it for me but watched as there was no real choice in the matter.

A few more Tin star style cops on the street would sort out the trash 😂

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Another vote for the serpent
I also enjoyed Traces another crime based drama thats filmed in my home city Dundee. It was good seeing my town on TV.
Thought breaking bad was best box set I've watched.

Daventus

Reaction score
I just love bingeing on some of the great shows that are available , currently I've just finished series two of Gomorrah and would highly recommend.... brilliantly shot and quite brutal... what's your favourite or recommendations ?
Auf weidersen pet
Vikings
Spartacus
Black sails
The walking dead
Love thy neighbour
The goodies
Band of brothers
Flags of our fathers
Just started the mandalorian

lefthandup

Reaction score
Auf weidersen pet
Vikings
Spartacus
Black sails
The walking dead
Love thy neighbour
The goodies
Band of brothers
Flags of our fathers
Just started the mandalorian
Mandalorian is top of the pops 👍
Forgot about it until you mentioned .

Mattytree

Reaction score

I would not of minded if Marty and his whole family ended up brutally murdered by the mob or Darlene as long as Ruth came out on top, great character ...
will have to start on Gomorrah tonight I think.

Pompero

Reaction score
True Detective Season 1, best season ever any series
Game of Thrones when it followed the books
Narcos, especially the Escobar seasons
Breaking Bad
The Office (UK) and for American comedy Arrested Development

mows

Reaction score
Shameless.
My youngest has just discovered it and thinks it the best he has seen.
I wasnt sure if it would age well.
But as he now lives in Dundee he reckons he can really relate to it.

mows

Reaction score
Skins is another great.
A great start to few succesfull careers
As is Rab C
Still game.
And chewing the fat has some of the funniest pieces ever.
The lift scene or taysiders in space.
Set phasers to malky! Brilliant.
Brooklyn 911 is also good.

We are currently binging nurse jackie.
Which is better than i expected.