Whats the point

rubberwellie

Reaction score
of this section?

Whilst at Heathrow yesterday I thought I'd buy a couple of bottles of whisky.

Not being much of a connoisseur I thought I'd have a browse through the "drams for the fishing" thread to see what forum members recommended. However I didn't have a great internet connection or a great deal of time so after browsing the lounge for about a dozen pages I gave up on the idea.

That whisky thread is a great thread. Should it not be in the great threads section?

Anyway I remember Scanny saying that Bunnahabhain was nice and somebody agreeing so I bought some and it is my new favourite whisky :eek:
Thanks guys!

Ps, can anyone guide me to the thread?

kgm

Reaction score
of this section?

Not being much of a connoisseur I thought I'd have a browse through the "drams for the fishing" thread to see what forum members recommended. However I didn't have a great internet connection or a great deal of time so after browsing the lounge for about a dozen pages I gave up on the idea.

That whisky thread is a great thread. Should it not be in the great threads section?

Anyway I remember Scanny saying that Bunnahabhain was nice and somebody agreeing so I bought some and it is my new favourite whisky :eek:
Thanks guys!

Use search and enter your word of the moment "Bunnahabhain". You'll get 2 threads (in fact 3 but one is your own, i.e. this one) :rolleyes:

Take your pick -
http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/thread35494.html
or
http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/thread431.html

Last edited:

rubberwellie

Reaction score
Aaahh and suddenly all becomes clear :eek:

That search function sure is handy, first time I've used it. Somebody should start a thread about it... :cool:

Still think the great threads section is wasted though.

kgm

Reaction score
Not sure if you were trying to catch me out and give Jocky Scott a change at another laugh:D

rubberwellie

Reaction score
I was sure there was a whisky thread somewhere about 10 or 12 pages long, I must have been mistaken.

Never mind, I found a nice one anyway.

Strathglass

Reaction score

Scanny

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Another pearl of wisdom!

I've just started an 18yr Old Glenlivet, next one on your list!

Springer

Reaction score
of this section?

Thanks guys!

Posts like this really do my knapper in :confused:

Read this

The above is stuck at the very top of this (the relevant) section where it is very easy to see and self explanatory!

If you had nominated the thread it would have been here. :rolleyes:

rubberwellie

Reaction score
Posts like this really do my knapper in :confused:

Read this

The above is stuck at the very top of this (the relevant) section where it is very easy to see and self explanatory!

If you had nominated the thread it would have been here. :rolleyes:

Never mind Springer, we live and we learn.

In my defence, I was in a bit of a rush when looking for the whisky thread initially but I should have took the time to read the sticky before I started this thread.

I feel a nomination coming on...

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not much of a whiskey drinker but when I have a flask the Jameson Gold Reserve is very good or so it seems to me :cool: