• 20201202_141010.jpg
    20201202_141010.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20201202_145937.jpg
    20201202_145937.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

Tonyc

Reaction score
Been dyeing some wild boar I shot last season but only the tips are taking the dye (really nice bright orange). I now presume I will need to bleach the hair before I dye it - any suggestions how. Just ordered some hydrogen peroxide to start with, presume Domestos will be too severe!

wormo

Reaction score
Been dyeing some wild boar I shot last season but only the tips are taking the dye (really nice bright orange). I now presume I will need to bleach the hair before I dye it - any suggestions how. Just ordered some hydrogen peroxide to start with, presume Domestos will be too severe!
I haven't ventured there yet , good luck. I think one of the most important parts is getting any material squeeky clean b4 dying any natural oils will effect how the dye penetates the fibres

gwelsher

Reaction score

Bleaching anything is difficult with peroxide or bleach as too long an exposure make the material brittle and useless. Womens hair lightener is the best stuff to use.
You might be better off looking for an albino boar.

Tonyc

Reaction score
You might be better off looking for an albino boar.
Not as strange as you think - I shot a very light grey boar in Croatia a few years ago - apparently during the last war there a lot of domestic pigs escaped and bred with the wild boar so we had a few different colour variations.

Ill try with peroxide and possibly "borrow" some of the wifes blond hair kit to use after I have de-greased it.

rotenone

Reaction score
fox , runner and a wee bit squirrel
really happy with colour , ive been using celtic blob dyes and they are great 👌
this was around 3:1 hot orange to scarlet to achieve a fire orange
set with citric acid crystals and washed well first with degreaser
Good Job Wormo

mc andy

Reaction score
O9 0 0 9fox , runner and a wee bit squirrel
really happy with colour , ive been using celtic blob dyes and they are great 👌
this was around 3:1 hot orange to scarlet to achieve a fire orange
set with citric acid crystals and washed well first with degreaser
Nice deep colouring. What are your plans for it Craig?

Since changing to a induction hob last year my old dyeing pot doesn't work. I'll need to invest in a camping stove for the garage! :) that and the Mrs won't let me :giggle: hates the place smelling like a chip shop afterwards.

Cheers andy

wormo

Reaction score
Nice deep colouring. What are your plans for it Craig?

Since changing to a induction hob last year my old dyeing pot doesn't work. I'll need to invest in a camping stove for the garage! :) that and the Mrs won't let me :giggle: hates the place smelling like a chip shop afterwards.

Cheers andy
I'm using it for the wing on Kylie's
I got the fox from Czech Republic it was a vintage clothes item so took a chance turned out to be four nearly white tails made into a scarf type thing , its really good quality and stiffer than most fox ive used which I like as it doesn't wrap so easily
it takes a dye really well
I also got a full silver fox near black from same person , its got a face and everything 🙈

mc andy

Reaction score
I'm using it for the wing on Kylie's
I got the fox from Czech Republic it was a vintage clothes item so took a chance turned out to be four nearly white tails made into a scarf type thing , its really good quality and stiffer than most fox ive used which I like as it doesn't wrap so easily
it takes a dye really well
I also got a full silver fox near black from same person , its got a face and everything 🙈
Sounds like a different source. I'm still awaiting that order of cones, looking forward to getting a hold of them.

Cheers andy