What would you consider a 'good season'?

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
We're on level pegging...
I'll have to go out one more time ?
I landed my 17th of the season yesterday haha :p
Was a weird season. No spring. Fished Helmsdale Town water for 2 weeks in July blanked the first week and landed 6 in 3 days second week. 3 in one day. Then I blanked and lost everything for 2 long months in the summer then started catching fish again last month and no stopped since. Don't think I've blanked in last 5 trips with multiple fish on some days.
Also had 3 personal bests this season with most landed in a season, most landed in a day with 4 and biggest fish with that big croc couple weeks back.
Went from my worst season to my best just like that. When your lucks in it can be party on but when its not you can't buy a fish.

chrishconnolly

Reaction score
Still waiting on my first this year and it's not over till the fat lady sings or so they say.The way things are going she will probably have
A sore throat lol
However I have fished a wee west coast spate river and have had sea trout every day I fished it so not all gloom and doom.
It's all true when they say it's not about catching it's about being out there and trying
If I get lucky then so be it, if not that's the way it goes.

Icelander05

Reaction score
Worst season in 40 years, because no salmon fishing at all this year. I am usually happy with 5-10 fish per season. I depends a lot where and when . Last year four fish only but one that made me forgot all the unrewarded efforts.
Icelander05

phatagrova

Reaction score
An average season is maybe 50 a good season is 75 this year has been the best and most fish I've seen in ten years
some fishing on both counts well done if you average 50 a season , & 75 for this year , Can i ask where you fish, do you live local to a river ?

Jas

Reaction score
some fishing on both counts well done if you average 50 a season , & 75 for this year , Can i ask where you fish, do you live local to a river ?
I fish all over Scotland but the main river I fish is the Tay and also fish on spate rivers like the Orchy and the dochart

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Just landed this morning my 42nd fish for the season, rods now put away to make way for shotguns, hope next season is as productive.