What will you do if we do get a lockdown

Neil W

Reaction score
Arguments aside if we get a lockdown which is likely what will you all get up to apart from working from home.
We have a new telly arriving tomorrow so Netflix will take a bashing, I will also be tying some flies in the hope that I can fish eventually. Apart from that I hope to try and keep fit. If we are allowed to walk about I will try everyday, if not I have no idea but maybe some exercise routine. Dust off the leotard 😀

squimp

Reaction score
My other half is part of a yoga group and they are now doing lessons online. I’m being threatened with being taught the basics.....it would probably do me good in the long term.

More seriously I’m trying to learn to play the guitar - so that will get more time thrown at it.

Loxie

Reaction score
For me work, home education for my children, fishing, gardening and walking my dog.

Chester

Reaction score
Looking after the family, working from home, tying flies and avoiding the road blocks between home and the river......

That said the missus is sure to have a list of jobs around the house. The alarm bells starting ringing when she asked if B&Q delivered! 😩

Rrrr

Reaction score
More than likely fight with the guy over the road as he seems to enjoy making as much noise as possible either revving his cars, motorbikes and garden equipment or taking a hammer to something in his back garden. Then due to his noise his dogs bark all day.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Neil W

Reaction score
I’d forgotten about the list of jobs that may appear. Looking on the bright side maybe time to get brownie points in the bank!

QUOTE=Chester;1187991]Looking after the family, working from home, tying flies and avoiding the road blocks between home and the river......

That said the missus is sure to have a list of jobs around the house. The alarm bells starting ringing when she asked if B&Q delivered! 😩[/QUOTE]

Loxie

Reaction score
I’d forgotten about the list of jobs that may appear. Looking on the bright side maybe time to get brownie points in the bank!

QUOTE=Chester;1187991]Looking after the family, working from home, tying flies and avoiding the road blocks between home and the river......

That said the missus is sure to have a list of jobs around the house. The alarm bells starting ringing when she asked if B&Q delivered! 😩
[/QUOTE]

It's a terrible truth that brownie points have a very short shelf life but the C book lasts for ever!

budge

Reaction score
More than likely fight with the guy over the road as he seems to enjoy making as much noise as possible either revving his cars, motorbikes and garden equipment or taking a hammer to something in his back garden. Then due to his noise his dogs bark all day.

Come off it ! I'm not that bad am I

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Walleye

Reaction score
I think I'll spend my time winding up Rrrs neighbours dogs so I can watch a good fight.

Or I might be too busy panic buying pot noodles and humous.

Failing that, I think I'll finish off the decorating and get my bike out. I also bought terminal chancer and hooked on hope so am looking forward to reading those.

I've been trying to finish the decorating in this house for 18 years now so this is my big chance.

I started looking into building a rod but the thing stopping me is the age old advice - try before you buy, especially with a rod. How does a first time rod builder know what blank to use? Will any rod be ok with the right line? Am I worrying too much? I am thinking of copying that wonderful Scottish themed rod on the rod on the rod builders forum and doing a Durham themed rod with blue whipping and yellow trim, the colours of the Durham flag.

budge

Reaction score
Just finished work for a weeks holiday but won't be going anywhere for obvious reasons. If lock-down happens, which is looking a bit less likely now I've plenty of odd jobs to keep me busy. The Mrs has put herself in lock down since Saturday as a precaution, even though I've been working. She's done really well as she normally goes somewhere every day. Says it isn't bothering her at moment. The food factory I work for are hoping to continue producing throughout this, but have had to change things quite a bit due to staff shortages. They are a lovely family business who are trying their best to look after staff. For the first time in my life I actually feel guilty having a break, but they wouldn't accept my offer to work through. I've no doubt I will get a call though when something breaks down.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Come off it ! I'm not that bad am I

Depends... are you the one opposite sounding like you are opperating an open cast coal mine or the one next door with blue hair that likes to sit in the garden and play the guitar and sing really loud on a garden bench that faces my kitchen window ?

firefly

Reaction score
Arguments aside if we get a lockdown which is likely what will you all get up to apart from working from home.
We have a new telly arriving tomorrow so Netflix will take a bashing, I will also be tying some flies in the hope that I can fish eventually. Apart from that I hope to try and keep fit. If we are allowed to walk about I will try everyday, if not I have no idea but maybe some exercise routine. Dust off the leotard 
Well, since we are in lockdown here in Belgium and I have been for much longer than the government required, nothing much changed for me. That is of course because I'm alone and retired, I can imagine what it must be for younger, active couples, families, people with a real life, so to speak. I've recently picked up painting again and since I don't drink anymore I don't even miss going out to read some newspapers in a pub. Plenty of news on this machine and lots of tea in the cupboard. Hang in there, everyone.

budge

Reaction score
Depends... are you the one opposite sounding like you are opperating an open cast coal mine or the one next door with blue hair that likes to sit in the garden and play the guitar and sing really loud on a garden bench that faces my kitchen window ?

Neither of them ! I'm the one at number 24 with orange hair who practices the bagpipes every night

AlanT

Reaction score
Been visiting my local tip to do a bit of clearing out this week in prep for some garden work.

All being well (literally), I'm planning a few jobs in garden during lockdown so had a few trips to B&Q for paint, cement, boards etc. Just need to get some garden sleepers and posts and I'll be sorted. Who knows how quickly DIY stores and garden centres will close so getting prepared now

budge

Reaction score
Been visiting my local tip to do a bit of clearing out this week in prep for some garden work.

All being well (literally), I'm planning a few jobs in garden during lockdown so had a few trips to B&Q for paint, cement, boards etc. Just need to get some garden sleepers and posts and I'll be sorted. Who knows how quickly DIY stores and garden centres will close so getting prepared now
Might post a couple of photos on FB with a trolley full of emulsion running to my car, clear the supermarkets for a day or two

cgaines10

Reaction score
If I get off this platform next week. I'll be painting the garden fence & tidying the garage up. Although the Mrs probably has other ideas!

I really want to make a rod stand for the garage too, so that would be a decent little project.

ArchieL

Reaction score
More or less resigned to being stuck at work abroad. Last colleague who tried to get home had to leave as his wife was due to give birth to their first child and he had a real nightmare when trying to get home as every flight/route he booked ended up cancelling however he got home but it took him 3 days to get home from middle east. Quite a few colleagues are now stuck at home and do not know when they will be able to return back to work. Answer to the question is i will be supporting my wife and kids remotely (Face Time) and trying to keep their spirits up. I will also be keeping an eye on my spirit collection should any relatives or family friends request a bottle or 2 to get them through any lock downs. My wife would not have a clue which are my good ones and which are run of the mills. :nod:

budge

Reaction score
More or less resigned to being stuck at work abroad. Last colleague who tried to get home had to leave as his wife was due to give birth to their first child and he had a real nightmare when trying to get home as every flight/route he booked ended up cancelling however he got home but it took him 3 days to get home from middle east. Quite a few colleagues are now stuck at home and do not know when they will be able to return back to work. Answer to the question is i will be supporting my wife and kids remotely (Face Time) and trying to keep their spirits up. I will also be keeping an eye on my spirit collection should any relatives or family friends request a bottle or 2 to get them through any lock downs. My wife would not have a clue which are my good ones and which are run of the mills. :nod:
Feel for you being away from loved ones mate, hopefully won't be too long before you are reunited.