What type of water do you avoid fishing?

K MacC

Reaction score
I can think of one spot that I never touched a fish on it for the past 15 years kept trying it but nothing. Then last year I fished it again ended up getting a couple of fish from it. Pools change from year to year gravel shift and with this complacency sets in. So never say never!

Scierra

Reaction score
How do you know they don't hold fish?
Some pools hold fish , some don't ? you need to ask the fish that ?
Shallow pools, and deeper pools 5ft ? devoid of fish
Pools that look fishy but never caught or seen a fish move in them

Hoddom

Reaction score
Certainly I’d vear away from..,
Wye
Doon
Nith
Welsh Dee
West coast Scottish mainland rivers
England, France and Spain
New England
Etc etc etc

ibm59

Reaction score
3B11B53F-E3E2-4931-A6C7-2B1AFB306F67.jpeg

Same locally .
Bare bones.
Bleached bare bones.
As low as I can remember seeing it
Stuffed wi’ wee trout rising to smuts.

Scierra

Reaction score
Not much available for under £100 /day on the Spey , only association beats and none on the middle Tweed in August .
Whiteadder £30 /day

marty31

Reaction score
Not much available for under £100 /day on the Spey , only association beats and none on the middle Tweed in August .
Whiteadder £30 /day
Interesting
Other than last year , when there were a trickle of freshies! The 5 years previously the fresh fish run ended late july/very early August with next door to nothing after! £100 per day is a we bit expensive in my eyes! And with it being a very poor late spring/ summer run, one would have to assume, even the dubious sport of (dare i say) kipper bashing! Will (one would think) be very limited? Considering fish have to be in the river to turn into a kipper! I think pricing needs adjusted according to the new running times??? Whatever they actually are😎😎

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
Fishing beats in Town centres. I don’t want a supermarket carpark to be the backdrop to my day. Or worse, queuing up to fish your pool while in a town centre. So I’d rather go Morris Dancing than fish the Ridge Pool even if you do need a wheelbarrow to carry your grilse away at the end of a session.

Regards

NHP