What Shooting Head

natthargreaves

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls
I have just got a Rio shooting head line for my slate SPX 15 footer and it is a great line to cast,boath at distance and shorter range.Infact I enjoy it so much I am thinking of getting one for my single hander.
I have a 10 ft 7wt sage fly and a 9ft6 Z axis 7wt so my question is could anyone point me in the rite direction, or is a shooting head not really for the single hander at all.

Znogg

Reaction score
SH for single hand rod

Natt

Yes, that works pretty well, but you'll need SH that are specifically designed for single hand rods. I have had good experience with Guideline's single hand rod shooting heads.

What's more, I have recently bought a Zpey single hander shooting head for my Sage TCX 10 ft 7 weight. Now THAT's quite a beast of a combination! Definitely the best single hand SH I have ever tested. Will doublecheck which weight I'm using and get back to you. I believe it was 18 gramm, bcs the TCX behaves rather like an 8 weight.

BLONDELAWMAN

Reaction score
I've got a few Guideline SH PT's I use on both my 9'6 and 10' TCX's. Can't remember what weight I chopped them to in the end, but I'll dig them out and weigh them. They work like a dream.

Znogg

Reaction score
SH weight for Sage TCX 10 ft 7 weight

Checked: 19-20 g load this rod perfectly. Mine weighs 20 g.

Last edited: