What rod?

Conork89

Reaction score
Looking for a new worm rod that i can also use for spinning. In the 11ft range.
Have been using an abu garcia the last 13 years. Done its job, No issues just feel its time to upgrade.

Recommendations?

Treecutter

Reaction score
If you can find one a Harrison Killin Stick or Tryptch if not look at a barbel rod of around 1.5-1.75lb tc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Conork89

Reaction score
If you can find one a Harrison Killin Stick or Tryptch if not look at a barbel rod of around 1.5-1.75lb tc.

Will these handle line over the 8lb mark and decent salmon. Never used anything other that spinning rods for worming but feel i need something abit more sensitive.

Treecutter

Reaction score
Will these handle line over the 8lb mark and decent salmon. Never used anything other that spinning rods for worming but feel i need something abit more sensitive.
Yes they will handle line over 8lb & if they can handle double figure barbel & carp as some people use barbel rods for floater fishing in the summer for carp.
The Harrison rods where designed specifically for Salmon Fishing.

Treecutter

Reaction score
There's an Andy Nicoloson Worm & Shrimping Rod on Ebay at the minute if any good to you

RICKY21

Reaction score
I would second the Wychwood Truebait rods. I have an 11 and 12 foot and they can cast well above their recommended weight, yet they are sensitive, but still with a load of grunt. Honestly I have had maybe 30 - 40 grams over the casting weights using bouncing bettys in big floods. Never had a problem with them.

Last edited:

Rennie

Reaction score
I'd second the Nicholson rod, its an absolute gem of a rod.I have one and its perfect for bait fishing and excels with flying C stuff and spoons etc.
Pedro.

Fruinfisher

Reaction score
+1 for the shimpin’ wormin’ special. Harrison’s will roll you a blank if you ask them ( The Shrimper )

Treecutter

Reaction score
Well looks like I'm also the proud owner of a Andy Nicoloson Shrimp & Worming Rod.