What hook is the go to on a set up

Royser89

Reaction score
I see people on here spending hundreds on the best rods and reels jackets and waders. I see alot of people complaining about the price of a hook which in my opinion is the most important piece of the set up. What is youre go to hook?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wormo

Reaction score
I see people on here spending hundreds on the best rods and reels jackets and waders. I see alot of people complaining about the price of a hook which in my opinion is the most important piece of the set up. What is youre go to hook?

very good question and your right its the no 1 part of the set up
I'm not sure what my favourite hook is but as someone who goes through hundreds of hooks a year I have to be confident in the ones I tye on
the hooks I have faith in are as follows
for doubles
partridge patriot
partridge salar
partridge code p
partridge nordic up eye
mustad dl7
loop down eye
veniard osprey

then treble hooks
Edmond drury
Partridge X2

steer well clear of lureflash and cheap Chinese crap or some of the rubbish on ebay it will only end in tears

Rrrr

Reaction score
For tubes its owner doubles or a stash of partridge big mouth doubles ive got. Kamasan for trebles.
On regular flies the lad who i buy mine from only uses good hooks, salars, esmond drurys etc.
Theres nothing worse than missing a take or loosing on an unknown cleap hook and wondering if it would have stuck for the sake of saving 50p on a hook.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

sewinfly

Reaction score

Is this for prawns or shrimps ?as this is the title for this page👍

Sewinfly. .........

Royser89

Reaction score
Is this for prawns or shrimps ?as this is the title for this page

Sewinfly. .........
Yes for the prawn or shrimp I use a partridge attitude or a universal predator myself. Just interested in other peoples go to hook

sewinfly

Reaction score
Kamasan B990, Peter Drennan
There's a single hook I use to but cant remember the make,can look if you want.

The YouTube
The Art Of Prawning is a good watch part 1,2
Dee at Purple Whiskers is a good shop for terminal tackle.

Sewinfly..............

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I use carp hooks for a single, Korda wide gape are very good. Trebles are either Owner 36bc or 41bc, or savage gear Y trebles